Pot problems in Colorado schools

Makarovii

GRAND JUNCTION — In two years of work as an undercover officer with a drug task force, Mike Dillon encountered plenty of drugs. But nothing has surprised him as much as what he has seen in schools lately.

Dillon, who is now a school resource officer with the Mesa County Sheriff's Department, said he is seeing more and younger kids bringing marijuana to schools, in sometimes-surprising quantities.

"When we have middle school kids show up with a half an ounce, that is shocking to me," Dillon said.

The same phenomenon is being reported around Colorado after the 2010 regulation of medical marijuana dispensaries and the 2012 vote to legalize recreational marijuana.

Read more: Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization - The Denver Post Pot problems in Colorado schools increase with legalization - The Denver Post
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: Terms of Use - The Denver Post
Follow us: @Denverpost on Twitter | Denverpost on Facebook

As Homer says, "DOH". I mean seriously, what did they expect. Do the words "reap what you sow" ring any bells, or perhaps the law of unintended consequences. The good news is that Colorado can serve as the test tube for the rest of the states. Watch what happens in Colorado and if it is too terrible then don't follow their example. Sucks to be part of the sacrificial lamb but hey, they voted for it.

Having grown up in The People's Republic of California, but moving here in 2010, I heard many here in Colorado complain of the California left-wing nuts moving to Colorado with their leftist agendas. It appears Colorado leftists rode Obambi's tailcoat into office and we are now seeing the consequences. Maybe Obamacare's failure will wake up the average voter and this leftist experiment will die quickly before it does any more damage.

I lay the responsibility of the pot problem on parents. Why does it need to be the government's problem for pot?

I actually prefer having a pot problem to a prescription drug problem. That's the problem where my husband grew up, and boy are those messing with kid's lives.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back