Placement of "Pocket Pistol" Mags?

k9ontheway

Improvise-Adapt-Overcome
Coming from a full size, when carrying a subcompact ("pocket pistol"), where do you store your spare mag(s)? I can't quite find somewhere I like.

Belt attachment?
Pants pocket?
Etc.

Coming from a full size, when carrying a subcompact ("pocket pistol"), where do you store your spare mag(s)? I can't quite find somewhere I like.

Belt attachment?
Pants pocket?
Etc.

I carry my spare mag in the weak hand side pocket, also there you will find a Streamlite ProTac 1L flashlite and my car keys, the strong side pocket has my weapon in a pocket holster and nothing else.

How do you protect the mag from pocket lint, etc, or damage from the flashlight, keys, etc?

Belt attachment?
Pants pocket?
Etc.

Remora Holsters make a mag holder that can either be tucked inside your waist band or placed in your pocket. I purchased two but like a slim knife case with a flap over the top that goes on my belt.

I have carried my spare mag in the pocket for years without any damage. I clean it weekly when I clean the pistol, very little lint seems to get inside and since it is stainless (at least the one I carry now and the one before it) it has no problem with rust, just take it apart and blow it out with canned air. The ammo gets rotated on a random schedule of whenever I get to the range.
Never a problem from the flashlite or keys either, I do have a fat pocket though and have to limit the number of keys I carry..

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back