Pietro Beretta FS 92 Original Italian or Not

Hi,

I am a newbie to weapons... wanted to buy a Pietro Beretta FS 92 to keep in home for self defense. Some is selling me the below pistol and saying that this is an original Italian pistol. Can someone please help if this is original or a replica?

Thank you,

VictorLink RemovedLink RemovedLink RemovedLink Removed

Sir, I really don't know why you seem to have your heart set on getting that Beretta ? If you need a reliable gun for home protection, I would recommend that you just get yourself a Glock 19 if you want a 9mm, or a Glock 23 if you would rather have a 40 caliber, which by the way, I would also recommend. I am a pistol Instructor myself, and have been teaching firearm self defense for years. If you want the Beretta for a collection item go get it. But as far as home protection goes, get yourself a Glock.

Berettas a are a fantastic gun! They are held to high standards to get the military contract.

With that being said I'm not a glock guy but I do agree they are the ideal of what a handgun should be. With the Gen4 and interchangeable back straps they more of the population including myself.

Besides a glock spring fields are a clone with different (my opinion better ergonomics) cz 75 and FMX 9mm are guns to look at from other companies. Everyone I know that has shoot a cz sold their beretta 92 and bought one

Guys - I am grateful for your input. The part of world where I live in, Glock is considered as a luxury good and taxed at 200%. So it would cost me in apx. 2300.00 USD vs. this used Beretta in 300.00 USD. Here terrorists can get explosives and rockets free of cost, they dont need license by the way. But a naive citizen cannot buy a legal weapon (currently an official ban on weapon licenses). I have been attempted twice for robbery in one year (well not everyone is robbed so much, this was my bad luck). So I am buying this weapon illegally.

I will appreciate if you can give some expert opinion whether this is real Italian or a copy gun.

Thank you,
Victor

Yes they are licensed to make the Italian version as far as my google searches tell me. For $300 you can't go wrong! They Fitch twice that in US

beachbum17 - thank you for your comments. Actually there are a number of very inferior quality copies here. I weighed this item and found it just 5 grams lesser than factory specified weight. A copy can have everything similar but not the weight, so I believe this is original.

Thank you,
Victor

Guys - I am grateful for your input. The part of world where I live in, Glock is considered as a luxury good and taxed at 200%. So it would cost me in apx. 2300.00 USD vs. this used Beretta in 300.00 USD. Here terrorists can get explosives and rockets free of cost, they dont need license by the way. But a naive citizen cannot buy a legal weapon (currently an official ban on weapon licenses). I have been attempted twice for robbery in one year (well not everyone is robbed so much, this was my bad luck). So I am buying this weapon illegally.

I will appreciate if you can give some expert opinion whether this is real Italian or a copy gun.

Thank you,
Victor

I'd delete this part...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back