Picked up a new summer carry gun... Kahr PM9

JrFreak

Got this to replace my Kel-Tec P3AT for summer carry. All I can say is WOW... This thing is awesome. I've put 120 rounds through it (~100 115 gr FMJ and ~20 Federal HST) without a single issue. Flawless...

It is much nicer to shoot than my Kel-Tec. I hate the KT trigger... flimsy plastic that feels like it is going to bend or break with every pull. The trigger on the PM9 is very nice. Solid and wide. Very comfortable.

I'll still carry my Ket-Tec for very light clothing... The belt clip comes in handy. My Glock 27 remains my winter carry firearm though.

Got this to replace my Kel-Tec P3AT for summer carry. All I can say is WOW... This thing is awesome. I've put 120 rounds through it (~100 115 gr FMJ and ~20 Federal HST) without a single issue. Flawless...

It is much nicer to shoot than my Kel-Tec. I hate the KT trigger... flimsy plastic that feels like it is going to bend or break with every pull. The trigger on the PM9 is very nice. Solid and wide. Very comfortable.

I'll still carry my Ket-Tec for very light clothing... The belt clip comes in handy. My Glock 27 remains my winter carry firearm though.

Congrats! That's a nice gun.

good to hear you like it. I am getting my pm40 Tuesday. I will let you know how the range report goes!! I have a g30 for my conceal carry, this is just my pocket rocket :biggrin:

Excellent choice. I have one that has 400 rounds with only two issues - both the slide locking back on a loaded mag when my thumb hit it during firing. Both in the first 200 rounds. No issues lately with that. Kahr did send me a new slide stop but I got the new one and the original one mixed up! Oh, BTW, Kahr has good customer service too if you need it.

Might I suggest one thing - when you chamber a round, do it from a closed slide to build muscle memory. If you ride the slide at all it won't reliably chamber the first round. If you slingshot it (pull it back and let it fly) it will chamber with no problem.

Tagua makes a nice OWB holster for it (I use one for a PM40 but it works).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back