Picked up a new M&P Shield 40

sig_man

Went to my LGS today to look at a Glock 36 (45), Springfield XDs (45) or a Shield in either 9 or 40. They only had the Shield 40 in stock (would have preferred the 36 or XDs) so I gave it a good look and found that it fit real comfortable in my large hand for being a small gun. The price was excellent, one of the lowest I have found in my area so I decided to buy it. I was carrying my Kahr CW9 and asked about a trade and we came to a deal - my Kahr and a few dollars and I was out the door. Can not wait to get it to the range for some fun.

Anyone have any experience with the Shield 40, good or bad?

Now I need to find some holster to replace the three I had for the Kahr and will now be collecting dust. Looking for something similar to a Galco ankle glove, and a couple of IWBs

I'm anxious to get a Shield, but none of the on-line dealers I use seem to have them in stock. I'd go for a .40, but 9mm is a bit less expensive to practice with. It should be a cinch to find good holsters for the Shield, now if I can only find a Shield!

Picked up a new M&P Shield 40

I understand less expensive for the 9mm. I pay $23-24 for 100 9mm, $36-37 for 45acp and just paid $38-39 for the 40 - these are 100 count prices.

It was my Kahr and $75

If it's a carry gun why does anyone care what the ammunition costs? What's your life worth to you? I never heard of double-tap until people started carrying 9mm rather than .45s.

Life is priceless, that is why for carry purposes I will use either Hornady Critical Defense or TAP in all my 9's 45's and now the 40. Will be trying the Cor-Bon DPX to see how it performs. Everything else is just fun for practice.

Great for you. I was eyeing a M&P Shield 9mm a few weeks back. Also eyeing the Glock 26. But, I ended up buying a Ruger LC9. Simply because the dealer I was at had the LC9 with a Lasermax attached as a package deal for what I thought was a very good price. No regrets. I've already ran some rounds through it and I'm very happy with the purchase. Looking for a holster now. There's a very good possibility of a Shield 40 in my future.

I also Picked up a 40 Shield a couple of days ago. I really like mine. As many have said, it has an improved trigger when compared with other M&Ps. It has a definite reset which you can feel and hear. A little judicious work with an Arkansas stone and the good trigger is now excellent. It breaks at 6.1# That's fine for a pistol which is carried for SELF DEFENSE. I'm not looking for 3.5# for that application. Accidental discharges can be very problematic.

It was my Kahr and $75

Really?? So your dealer accepted a pretty inexpensive used gun (used CW9s are going for $250-300 max, and that's retail, not what a dealer will pay for a used one) and just $75 cash for probably the hottest gun on the market right now?? A gun that's going for $450-500 all day long on Gunbroker and GunsAmerica??

You sure about that??? What.....do you have pictures of your dealer with a goat or something???

Yes I am sure, the Shield was less than $430 and the Kahr had extra magazines, grip enhancement and better sights

The LGS was running a big sale on all guns, and here in the Midwest we can usually find some good prices. One I saw the price I knew I had to get it.

The XDs was my first choice, then the GL 36, both of which were out of stock, all that was left was the Shield 40. How do you like your XDs, I may still get one in addition to the shield.

I have the shield in the 9mm, really wanted the .40 but since I lack patience I got the only shield 9mm in town, and it literally was, but even at a premium I only paid $420 for mine (which kinda ticked me off, but I paid it anyway) Really happy with the shield, absolutely love the trigger, had a LC9 before that and never did get used to the trigger.
As for the XDs, I really really want one of them and may just have to be my next purchase.

Love my XDs. Hated to sell the Shield but didn't have the cash when the XDs became available. Easy to conceal, great shooter and the recoil is very manageable. Get the 7 rd mag.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back