Picked up a new light

walt629

I was at Lowe's today picking up some yard needs. I've been in the market for a "tac" light for some time but just haven't been able to bring myself to pay the $50 and up that I've seen the tac light going for. I'm basically a tightwad. I came across a new (at least I've never seen it before) light from Maglite. It is the XL50. It boasts 139 lumen power and runs on 3 AAA batteries. It has 2 power settings, 1 is 100% and the other is 25%. It boasts better than 6 hours run time at full power and about 33 hours at the 25% setting. I picked it up for $25.

The only down side is it didn't come with a sheath for it or a belt clip. And it is OMG bright! It casts an almost perfect circle of light and has virtually no 'shadowing around the edges of the beam but it doesn't have the traditional focusable beam that Maglite is known for.

I went for a walk tonight and tried it out. I illuminated the entire back of the neighbors 2 story house about 200 yards from where I was standing. I would imagine it will light up the eyeballs of an intruder if needed!

I think it's a pretty nice unit.

What does everyone else carry and how satisfied are you with what you got?

Link Removed

120/800 lumens for bed side
and the preon2 pen light for every day cary with a high output of 160 lumens

Link Removed

120/800 lumens for bed side
and the preon2 pen light for every day cary with a high output of 160 lumens

What's the cost? I see the cost of the battery and charger required but the cost of the light wasn't listed anywhere I could see.

The XL50 is a nice shop light for the money. I have two of them though I don't get the advertised run time. Not suited for pocket or backpack carry since the switch has no lockout feature to prevent accidental activation. I have arrived at my destination with dead batteries several times and accidentally turned it on in the glove box of the truck. They did fix this on the XL100 though.

LOL i got on sale for $95
the way i am with flashlights they don't last long so i decided to get a better light and I'm glad i did

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back