Phone Apps

B2Tall

Stirrer of the Pot
I've finally joined the modern world with respect to smart phones and recently upgraded to an Android-based device. I've put a few apps on it (sports, news, USA Carry, a couple of others) but I'm currently soliciting opinions on what everybody likes.

So tell me.....what do you app users like??

Ohhh.... That list would be very long. One very good one is the Amazon App Store. It offers on one free "paid" app per day. You have to go through Amazon website to get, I think. Angry Birds is awesome and helps to kill time. Netflix, if you have an account. Pandora radio. And of course all your social media sites. But I always find myself using the USA Carry the most. :lol:

Ohhh.... That list would be very long. One very good one is the Amazon App Store. It offers on one free "paid" app per day. You have to go through Amazon website to get, I think. Angry Birds is awesome and helps to kill time. Netflix, if you have an account. Pandora radio. And of course all your social media sites. But I always find myself using the USA Carry the most. :lol:

I have the Amazon app store and plan on exploring it. I have Netflix at home and use it often but I really don't feel like paying for an unlimited data plan (prior to this I've never used more than 40MB of data in a month). I get the feeling Netflix would cause me to go well over my el-cheapo 200MB monthly allowance. That kind of holds true for music as well although it's not as bad as streaming video. I'll definitely check out Pandora since it's free. Just gotta watch out for how long I listen.

Thanks.

I loved the usacarry.com android app, but the latest update has been nothing but frustration.

I use the Ebay app, banking apps, redbox, netflix, amazon app, scanning app to compare prices, sudoku, Shazam, teamviewer to remote control my PC, the xfinity app that lets me change the channel on our cable box no matter where I am really frustrates my kids.

I love the Samsung app that lets me control my TV.

Androids rock.

B2Tall:258449 said:

I have the Amazon app store and plan on exploring it. I have Netflix at home and use it often but I really don't feel like paying for an unlimited data plan (prior to this I've never used more than 40MB of data in a month). I get the feeling Netflix would cause me to go well over
my el-cheapo 200MB monthly allowance. That kind of holds true for music as well although it's not as bad as streaming video. I'll definitely check out Pandora since it's free. Just gotta watch out for how long I listen.

Thanks.

I still have unlimited data for now.

My Fitness Pal.com

No kidding. I know it isn't "gun" related, but it is about keeping in shape. If you are doing competitive shooting and trying to manage your weight, this is slick!
I just had to throw in something different! ;-)

I still have unlimited data for now.

AT&T no longer offers "unlimited" data as an option. Those who had it from before can still keep it but if you didn't have it to begin with (like me) you're SOL. Other carriers have done the same, especially with 4G devices. People are sucking up so much bandwidth that carriers had to do something to curb usage. The best I can get is 2 gig with each additional gig being an extra $10 (fairly reasonable if you think about it). After doing a little research I found that streaming a movie in regular def is usually in the 500-700MB range and hi-def can easily triple that number. Streaming audio is similar. My places of work are wi-fi hotspots so I don't have to worry there but there'll be no movies or music without the wi-fi.

Gas Buddy number one if you are traveling or even if you just want to know where the cheapest gas from home is. Lookout for a free anti-virus, backup, and missing device program. Out of Milk for a shopping list app. Kindle app for reading (never thought I'd read a book on my phone but spending a lot of time waiting for medical for the wife and I've read 6 or 8 books in the past 6 or 7 months). You probably got Navigation installed with the phone. I have G-mail and the goggle calender which I love. It allows you to enter appointments on your computer (or vice-versa) and it shows up on your phone. Easy Task killer helps your battery last longer by stopping apps you don't need running. Flashlight let's you use the "flash" light to find keys or some such.
Tango to video chat over WiFi or data. Fring, to conferance call (video) with up to 4 people. Ibeer free to carry a little beer with you (fun app). Then there's about 10,000 more depending on your interests, including apps for your banks.

OHUB CAMPFIRE APP. It's free and gets you to another good Carry Forum called "Glock Talk." It's for all gun owners.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back