People that don’t like concealed carry

Arthgallo

Argument is we don’t want you to carry (I.e. in church) because even the police aren’t accurate and ccw holders are less accurate so for the safety of the innocents we don’t want you to carry. Thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Link Removed

Argument is we don’t want you to carry (I.e. in church) because even the police aren’t accurate and ccw holders are less accurate so for the safety of the innocents we don’t want you to carry. Thoughts?

If you think your accuracy statement is true, then it hasn't been my experience. Shoot with LEO's several times a year and am generally as accurate or better than many of them.

My real thought and question is, are you saying that churches should be gun free zones? If so, then why? You posted the following after a Portland shooting years ago....

Probably a gun free zone.

https://www.usacarry.com/forums/gen...mass-shooting-portland-oregon-post387521.html .

Has your position changed or am I not understanding your post?

The Place to Be

I do not think churches should be gun free zones. Post is the argument I’m facing. I believe the accuracy premise is incorrect and basically flawed. Curious if anyone else has faced this argument against carrying in church.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry

Perhaps this argument can be posed as a theoretical situation:

Shooter comes into church and shoots 30 people unopposed. Even has time to use his limited by law 10 round magazines to reload his gun twice

or

Shooter comes into church and shoots 10 people before concealed carrier shoots the shooter while the shooter reloads and inadvertently also shoots 2 innocents because he missed the shooter.

Hmmmmm.....

30 people shot by unopposed shooter

vs

10 people shot by shooter and 3 people shot by concealed carrier (counting the shooter) adding up to 13 people.

Which is better? 30 or 13? The shooter was going to shoot people anyway and sometimes the best you can do is limit the damage. I'd think that was a really good thing if I were one of the people who were not shot because the concealed carrier stopped the shooter in mid-shoot.

Oh... and just for me... I wouldn't even bother arguing. It is private property and they have the right to make whatever rules about guns they want so I'd find a different church.

I do not think churches should be gun free zones. Post is the argument I’m facing. I believe the accuracy premise is incorrect and basically flawed. Curious if anyone else has faced this argument against carrying in church.

Sent from my iPhone using USA Carry
Got it. I'm thinking I'd find a church that cared more about their congregation. Good luck if that's the case. They're definitely out there more and more.

The Place to Be

My thought is if you had kept your mouth shut you wouldn't be having this argument with whoever you're having it with

My thought is if you had kept your mouth shut you wouldn't be having this argument with whoever you're having it with

[emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

That’s why concealed means concealed...[emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

LOL, I didn't reveal anything. My wife just mentioned to another individual that we should have better security, perhaps allow CCW holders to carry. What bothered me the most was the argument that "police hit less than 30% and therefore, a CCW holder is even worse"............ Personally, I think a 30% chance to take down a bad guy is better than a 0% chance because we are all sitting there unarmed.

I was just hoping someone knew of more reliable statistics out there to explain the 30%. I assume part of it is fire suppression and not actual targeting the bad guy 100% of the time. But statistics lie and some people just jump on them.

Lots of truth in that

Of course there is. But you know, some people........... will try to make you feel guilty about ignoring that sign with your....concealment....lol. Expect you to police yourself.....

LOL, I didn't reveal anything. My wife just mentioned to another individual that we should have better security, perhaps allow CCW holders to carry. What bothered me the most was the argument that "police hit less than 30% and therefore, a CCW holder is even worse"............ Personally, I think a 30% chance to take down a bad guy is better than a 0% chance because we are all sitting there unarmed.

I was just hoping someone knew of more reliable statistics out there to explain the 30%. I assume part of it is fire suppression and not actual targeting the bad guy 100% of the time. But statistics lie and some people just jump on them.

Who are you planning to argue with? If the church is posted but the signs don't have any legal authority keep your mouth shut and carry anyway.

Highly trained professional race car drivers get into wrecks. Average Joe driver can't drive nearly as well as a highly trained professional race car driver, therefore average Joe should not be allowed to have a driver's license and drive a car. Especially the jacka$$ today that nearly had a head-on collision with me because he was passing two other vehicles on a two lane road on a double-yellow line and was in the middle of my lane when I topped over a hill.

Perhaps this argument can be posed as a theoretical situation:

Shooter comes into church and shoots 30 people unopposed. Even has time to use his limited by law 10 round magazines to reload his gun twice

or

Shooter comes into church and shoots 10 people before concealed carrier shoots the shooter while the shooter reloads and inadvertently also shoots 2 innocents because he missed the shooter.

Hmmmmm.....

30 people shot by unopposed shooter

vs

10 people shot by shooter and 3 people shot by concealed carrier (counting the shooter) adding up to 13 people.

Which is better? 30 or 13? The shooter was going to shoot people anyway and sometimes the best you can do is limit the damage. I'd think that was a really good thing if I were one of the people who were not shot because the concealed carrier stopped the shooter in mid-shoot.

Oh... and just for me... I wouldn't even bother arguing. It is private property and they have the right to make whatever rules about guns they want so I'd find a different church.

What BikeNut said.

If you don't trust the accuracy of cops or private citizens that have trained to get their carry permit, it really sounds like your approach is to wait until the shooter runs out of ammo, or all his targets are dead, or his hand hurts too much to continue from shooting un-opposed.

Post a big "gun free" sign in front of a church and see if the Dillan Roof's of the world will obey them.

Anybody who thinks that the police are somehow more accurate shots than citizens has clearly never heard of the NYPD.

Anybody who thinks that the police are somehow more accurate shots than citizens has clearly never heard of the NYPD.

Well, technically that wasn’t really their fault, tho. If they hadn’t of altered the triggers on them Glocks with such heavier trigger pulls on them to control the negligent discharges they were having, the events that took place in that gunfight probably wouldn’t have happened.

Well, technically that wasn’t really their fault, tho. If they hadn’t of altered the triggers on them Glocks with such heavier trigger pulls on them to control the negligent discharges they were having, the events that took place in that gunfight probably wouldn’t have happened.

I remember reading an article in Guns or American Handgunner back in the late '70s or early '80s by a marksmanship consultant hired by the NYPD after a state of bystander shootings. According to him, nobody to whom he talked seemed to know what the front sight was for. This was LONG before the Glock OR the NY trigger.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

I remember reading an article in Guns or American Handgunner back in the late '70s or early '80s by a marksmanship consultant hired by the NYPD after a state of bystander shootings. According to him, nobody to whom he talked seemed to know what the front sight was for. This was LONG before the Glock OR the NY trigger.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

Wow. And here I was defending them thinking that it was their handicap trigger jobs that was causing them to be such lousy-ass shots.

I know this person is questionable to even still have an account here or not but as been discussed many times over, what if there isn’t another church to choose from? What if you don’t want to go to a different church and like the one you currently go to?

Again, concealed means concealed so don’t let some silly sign choose where you go to church or shop unless you just got an insatiable need to feel better about yourself by thinking it’s justified to avoid places like that just because they don’t support your rights. But then again, there is that little thing of whether or not what state you live in gives those places weight of the law.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back