Pennsylvania Getting Closer to Having Castle Doctrine

lukem

Administrator
Staff member
Pennsylvania State House passed House Bill 40 in a bipartisan 159-38 vote. Guess the governor still has to sign it.

Here's an article about it.
Link Removed

I love how they highlight only 1 bad ccw incident but I'm sure there's numerous good incidents.

Fantastic!!!

Pennsylvania State House passed House Bill 40 in a bipartisan 159-38 vote. Guess the governor still has to sign it.

Here's an article about it.
Link Removed

I love how they highlight only 1 bad ccw incident but I'm sure there's numerous good incidents.

I knew this State was something special! Great People! Great Country! Great Gun Laws! Thanks for the Info!!!

It passed the senate... The bill is going back to the house for a final vote. Yes, I know the house already passed it, but there must have been another change from the original bill. The change, if there was one, makes in necessary to be voted on again by the house.

Rendell, if you can believe this, says that if the bill comes to his desk for signature, he would sign it. Although, he has never supported firearm owners in the past.

HB 40 is now HB 1926

The bill, HB 1926 is now in the Rules Committee. I'm not completely familiar with process but I think this is a technical formality, since the bill has passed the House, went to the Senate where it passed, then was sent back to the House for a concurrence vote. The bill has been in the Rules Committee since 10/18.

Link to the bill:

The Pennsylvania General Assembly

Hopefully Rendell gets the bill soon.

Rick

This is great news! In my area (Pittsburgh), there has been a rash of pizza delivery drivers being robbed at gun point. Some have been pistol whipped, beaten badly and scared to earn extra money at night. This would go a long way to help protect the CCW pizza delivery guys and gals from some street thug suing them if they are forced to protect themselves. All law-abiding citizens should have this protection from criminals. It is bad enough that they assault people but even worse when they could possibly sue the one victim that happens to fight back. This is common sense to me! Keep the right law-makers in office this November!

Well, Rendell is out of office. With a new governor, who stated that he would of signed the castle doctrine if he was in the office, there is no reason that this proposal should not be reintroduced and passed before the summer break. Even with the democrats in control of the state house, the bill would of became reality if it wasn't for the outgoing pathetic rendell. Glad he is gone.

I think Pennsylvania now has a Republican majority in both houses, like other states, including Michigan and Wisconsin, which I am told is a bit of a rare situation. Prior to 2010, the Pennsylvania Senate was the only Republican legislative majority in the northeast! The former democratic majority in the Pennsylvania house was only by one vote, but there were so few dissenting votes this past year on the Castle bill and I think they were all from gun-hating Philadelphia. Rendell as a lame duck is probably about as politically liberal as you can get. He was the head of the DNC before the Doc from Vermont.

Having this bill re-introduced and passed in 2011 would be REALLY COOL !!! :dance3:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back