Pennsylvania CCW CENTRE COUNTY

jessepeakdotcom

IT'S JESSEPEAKDOTCOM
Well i sent my out of state resident application along with my $26.00 money order in to Centre County Sheriffs Dept- The Sheriff's office received my application on the 10th, mind you I live in Florida- i checked my PO box yesterday, and guess what was in the mail- my permit- WOW, super fast, LOL I think its great that some states have a process that takes just a few days to get you your permit, I suggest everyone that has a CCW send off your $26.00 to Centre County sheriff, OH and PS- i was in maryland when i sent my permit application out, a sheriff in Maryland told me that the legislature had just passed a law into effect that states, if you have a bordering state CCW (that would be VA, PA, or WV) you will have reciprocity with MD- WOW im trying to get some more info on this, anyone in MD know how true this is -

Well i sent my out of state resident application along with my $26.00 money order in to Centre County Sheriffs Dept- The Sheriff's office received my application on the 10th, mind you I live in Florida- i checked my PO box yesterday, and guess what was in the mail- my permit- WOW, super fast, LOL I think its great that some states have a process that takes just a few days to get you your permit, I suggest everyone that has a CCW send off your $26.00 to Centre County sheriff, OH and PS- i was in maryland when i sent my permit application out, a sheriff in Maryland told me that the legislature had just passed a law into effect that states, if you have a bordering state CCW (that would be VA, PA, or WV) you will have reciprocity with MD- WOW im trying to get some more info on this, anyone in MD know how true this is -

Congrats on getting your LTCF...thats what they are called here in PA. :biggrin:

BOLD: You know what they say about asking LEO about the law...:no:

Unfortunately the bill died in commmittee back in April....

http://mlis.state.md.us/2010rs/votes_comm/hb0052_jud.pdf

I just got refused for some reason but sent in my appeal a couple of days ago. Damn rmeron we must be neighbors. I live in Wash co.
you ever go to NYFirearms?Link Removed or NES?

Is it true that you need to renew in person???

That is the way it is looking as of right now. For some reason PA thinks they need to take the picture themselves so that it get placed into their database.

I just got refused for some reason but sent in my appeal a couple of days ago.

The denial should have given you specific reason.

18 Pa C.S. ss6109(g) Grant or denial of license.--Upon the receipt of an application for a license to carry a firearm, the sheriff shall, within 45 days, issue or refuse to issue a license on the basis of the investigation under subsection (d) and the accuracy of the information contained in the application. If the sheriff refuses to issue a license, the sheriff shall notify the applicant in writing of the refusal and the specific reasons. The notice shall be sent by certified mail to the applicant at the address set forth in the application.

the only thing it says for reason is a large underlined U or a Y with a funny tail in green magic marker. I can't read hieroglyphics

The denial should have given you specific reason.[/QUOTE]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back