Part time GA resident and homeowner not eligible for CC permit

brannose

We have a house in SC that is our primary residence and a house in GA. We divide our time about equally. We have SC drivers licenses and tags. I can get a CC permit in SC but it is not recognized in GA. AFAIK, I can't get a permit in GA because I don't have a GA ID and can't get one without having to give up our SC drivers license even though I am a GA homeowner and half time resident. Does anyone know a solution to this problem? Is there a state that issues non-resident permits that are accepted in GA? Thanks.

You can apply for a Hew Hampshire non-resident permit. It is recognized in Georgia, costs $100 and is good for 4 years. Go to Link Removed. If you spend any time in Pennsylvania you can go to any Sheriff's department and apply for a Pa. non-resident permit. It only costs $26 but you cannot apply online anymore. Good Luck!

It's still fighting me but you do not need to type The Official Web Site, blah, blah, just put a "/" between gov and safety.

It's still fighting me but you do not need to type The Official Web Site, blah, blah, just put a "/" between gov and safety.

The link worked for me. The NH application required a reason for applying for the CC permit. My reason is to increase the number of states where I can legally carry a concealed weapon during travels. Do you have any idea whether or not this would be an acceptable reason from their perspective?

Thanks for your help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back