Parks and Restaurants

mrjam2jab

I didnt see a current thread for this.

Link Removed....looks like it's passed. Does it still need Governor signature, or has it already been signed?

ETA: I see it has only passed the House at this point...still has to get thru the Senate. Does it have a good chance?

I didnt see a current thread for this.

Link Removed....looks like it's passed. Does it still need Governor signature, or has it already been signed?

ETA: I see it has only passed the House at this point...still has to get thru the Senate. Does it have a good chance?

its pass one chamber and now the other chamber has to pass it and then to the witch to sign it. :biggrin:

perdue could veto it even if it passes she did the first bill that the Republicans pass and they didn't have enough votes to over ride it. please keep letting your state reps know that you want it to pass stay on the there butts by phone calls and email. HB63 would help me at work if it passes right now i can't leave home with a gun and go to work because firearms aren't aloud on company property but HB63 would fix that.

perdue could veto it even if it passes she did the first bill that the Republicans pass and they didn't have enough votes to over ride it. please keep letting your state reps know that you want it to pass stay on the there butts by phone calls and email. HB63 would help me at work if it passes right now i can't leave home with a gun and go to work because firearms aren't aloud on company property but HB63 would fix that.

How would i contact my Rep in Cabarrus county? I recently moved to NC for a job and am looking into getting my CCW. Ive been reading through laws and regulations for the past two months!

Makes me re-think leaving NY for NC. We don't have this problem. It's legal to carry in bars, restaurants and public lands.

Makes me re-think leaving NY for NC. We don't have this problem. It's legal to carry in bars, restaurants and public lands.

In Georgia we didn't either. We could carry openly in restaurants and parks. So long as you weren't drinking it was fine.

Here's the latest info:

No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money: Concealed Carry In Restaurants And Parks Passes NC House

Bottom line, it's passed the House with some amendments that are pretty certain to come out in the Senate (sections to allow local gov't to restrict permissions are not popular, but left in so the whole section can be removed). It passed the House by more than 3/5 vote, so the House vote is veto-proof. It also passed with the provision that if not passed by the Senate before the end of this years session, it remains active into the next legislative session. The bill calls for the new law to become effective 1 Dec 2011.

Here's the latest info:

No Lawyers - Only Guns and Money: Concealed Carry In Restaurants And Parks Passes NC House

Bottom line, it's passed the House with some amendments that are pretty certain to come out in the Senate (sections to allow local gov't to restrict permissions are not popular, but left in so the whole section can be removed). It passed the House by more than 3/5 vote, so the House vote is veto-proof. It also passed with the provision that if not passed by the Senate before the end of this years session, it remains active into the next legislative session. The bill calls for the new law to become effective 1 Dec 2011.

This is good info. I will keep tuning in to see what happens. Any idea on when the Senate would say yes or no by?

The state parks portion of HB 111 is in HB 650 that passed and was signed by the Governor yesterday. Goes into effect on Dec 1st.

SL 2011-268 allows for carrying in state parks, but does not change the rules on places that serve alcohol such as restaurants and bars. The idea of people carrying guns where alcohol is served just does not sit well with many, and is not politically defensible.

Interesting find in the new SL 2011-268, the former law required the SSAN on the permit, but it has been removed as a requirement under the law taking effect 1 Dec 2011. What I find most interesting, is that my current permit was issued 7 Apr 2011, but the Wake county permit does not have my SSAN! So technically, my local sheriff is not conforming. I'm not upset about it, just thought it was an interesting observation.

SL 2011-268 allows for carrying in state parks, but does not change the rules on places that serve alcohol such as restaurants and bars. The idea of people carrying guns where alcohol is served just does not sit well with many, and is not politically defensible.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. So I still can't go to a restaurant and eat but not drink there while carrying. But I can get beat up or killed on the parking lot by somebody who did get drunk. Really does make a lot of sense - not.

Yeah that makes a lot of sense. So I still can't go to a restaurant and eat but not drink there while carrying. But I can get beat up or killed on the parking lot by somebody who did get drunk. Really does make a lot of sense - not.

Successive approximations! We just recently got rid of the oppressors of the last 125 years in the NC Senate and House, now we need a Governor with a clue! With her support at an all time low, and the benefits of redistricting coming our way, things have a good chance of moving in a positive direction, for a 'change'.

From a self-defense point of view, no restriction on carrying makes sense. From the point of view of being re-elected by an ignorant, gun fearing electorate, it makes perfect sense. Change is hard for everyone, particularly government. The changes obtained this years are huge and sorely needed. If giving up the restaurant carry is what it took to get the changes that did pass, I have no problem waiting for that provision at a later date.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back