Para owners sound off

I am looking for opinions if you have owned or own a Para firearm.

I have owned a couple glocks, beretta storm, springfield xd.
Also kimber 1911, springfield 1911, taurus 1911.
All in 45 auto.

I like having 10+ rounds like the tupperware guns but love the 1911 all metal design.

Then I found STI and Para. The perfect guns.
But the price difference sent the Para home with me.

I have a 14-45 ss Gun rights and my better half a 7-45 lda .
Out of the box, 745 is perfect.

My 1445, shot low, way low. Contacted para they said send it back.
Instead I put a set of meprolights on it.
Now its perfect.

I put the new sights on myself.
Not hard, with the right tools. But.....that same day, the fire pin safety jamed.
The hole in the slide for the pin safety intersected the dove tail groove. It was just a pin hole. But big enough to let the locktight flow in and hold the safety up. I had to remove the rear sights and drill a hole to intersect with the pin hole and punch it out.

Now it is great, and a series 70 ;)

I really like my paras but if I had the cash, STI might be worth serious look

I had lots of reliability issues with my Big-Hawg, poor customer service, and finally needed about $400 of custom work to make it shoot right.

Since this gun was made, a new man is running Para so I can't speak for the current product.

-Doc

As I have posted before I have owned 2, a P10 and a P14, never liked the 14, too big in the grip and I have a big hand.
The P10 I thought I could CC but the thing had more sharp edges than a razor and I didn't feel like spending a bunch to de horn it. I sold them both and bought a Kimber Ultra CDP, much better...

P-13 love it carry it.

I've got the same gun and the same results. Whole lot of gun in a surprisingly little package. It quickly became my #2 choice for concealed carry (my #1 being my DAO .44 Special 5 shooter). I've also been kicking around finding one of the Para Tac-4's -basically a a P.13 with a LDA trigger- but haven't gotten around to it yet.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back