PA resident buying a handgun in SC...?

JrFreak

Hi all,

I'm on vacation in South Carolina and found a firearm I may be interested in. I didn't talk to anyone at the shop (they were busy) about buying this while I live in PA.

How does that work? Can I purchase a handgun being out of state?

It was a used Five Seven. Pretty nice shape... they wanted $895. Seemed like a decent deal. I know the ammo can be hard to get, but this wouldn't be a often shot firearm. Maybe bring it along to the range once or twice per year.

You can pay for it at the shop...but the shop would have to send it to another shop in PA...and that is where you would pick it up.

Pretty good price for a Five Seven.

You can purchase a handgun from an individual or FFL in any state other than your own, as long as they send it to an FFL in your state.

Hi all,

I'm on vacation in South Carolina and found a firearm I may be interested in. I didn't talk to anyone at the shop (they were busy) about buying this while I live in PA.

How does that work? Can I purchase a handgun being out of state?

It was a used Five Seven. Pretty nice shape... they wanted $895. Seemed like a decent deal. I know the ammo can be hard to get, but this wouldn't be a often shot firearm. Maybe bring it along to the range once or twice per year.

The ammo isn't hard to get. Many places carry the factory ammo, and it is semi-reasonably priced on the internet. If you want better aftermarket ammo, check out elite ammunition. They are a backordered, and it will take a few weeks for that ammo to come in, but it is worth it.

You can purchase the gun in SC, but it will be shipped to PA where they can run all the background checks on you.

You can get some pretty good deals on that 5.7mm ammo at cheaperthandirt.com too. A younger guy, that I work with, Dad is a local cop and he gets the restricted ammo for his FN pistol. They are a well made handgun.

As others have said you can but they have to transfer it to a dealer in PA. You may need to get that dealer's number as they will have to fax the shop that has the gun a copy of their FFL. Be aware that there is also likely going to be a transfer fee involved.

Where in SC are you vacationing?

Hmmn, the last time I tried to get a handgun out of state the gentleman behind the counter let me know that I would have to have my FFL holder order it and have it shipped to the shop where I planned on picking it up. Call your favorite gun shop back home and see what they can do for you.

Hmmn, the last time I tried to get a handgun out of state the gentleman behind the counter let me know that I would have to have my FFL holder order it and have it shipped to the shop where I planned on picking it up. Call your favorite gun shop back home and see what they can do for you.

That would be their own store policy with no basis in law.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back