Overnight stay in PA

sig_man

I will be traveling to PA for a business meeting in two months and will have an overnight stay. PA does not recognize my OH CCW and I do not think I will have my Utah CCW by then. If the handgun is kept in a lock case, unloaded and the ammo in another case (separate), will this be a problem. I have searched the laws and still not sure of the legal requirements.

This site (USA Carry) has excellent map info and permit details. I just found another site 2 days ago. If you go to it and click on PA it will send you a pdf with tons of information. I have not had much time to play with it yet, so give it a try and let me your thoughts. Hope it helps!
Link Removed

Under FOPA it has to be an uninterrupted trip. An overnight stay doesn't qualify. Better hope your Utah arrives in time. Another option would be to go a day early and apply for a PA non-resident permit. Just make sure you research the county you will be staying in as not all issue to non-residents.

For the purposes of carrying in a vehicle only, 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6106(b)(11) recognizes all states' licenses. If you are outside a vehicle, you may open carry without a license unless you are on a public street or public property in a city of the first class (Philly), 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6108, or on any public street or public property during a state of emergency, 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6107. An individual who has a valid Pennsylvania license to carry firearms or is among the litany of exceptions in 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6106(b) (including a Link Removed's license or, for vehicle carry only, any other state's license) may carry a concealed firearm or open carry (including OC in a vehicle, in Philly, or during a state of emergency).

For the purposes of carrying in a vehicle only, 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6106(b)(11) recognizes all states' licenses. If you are outside a vehicle, you may open carry without a license unless you are on a public street or public property in a city of the first class (Philly), 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6108, or on any public street or public property during a state of emergency, 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6107. An individual who has a valid Pennsylvania license to carry firearms or is among the litany of exceptions in 18 Pa. Con. Stat. § 6106(b) (including a Link Removed's license or, for vehicle carry only, any other state's license) may carry a concealed firearm or open carry (including OC in a vehicle, in Philly, or during a state of emergency.

Quoted for truth. :wink:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back