Outdoor shooting ranges near Greenville

NewlyEnthused

Does anyone know of some outdoor shooting ranges near the Greenville area that won't cost me a membership?
I want to be able to practice in a more realistic environment.
Also would like to practice live draw without a table in the way.
Thanks

Only non-member outdoor range I know of is the DNR range off Breazeale road between Easley and Pickens. I have not shot there but I suspect they do not allow movement or draw and shoot practice. Outdoor ranges I am familiar with in the Greenville area all require memberships.

Does anyone know of some outdoor shooting ranges near the Greenville area that won't cost me a membership?
I want to be able to practice in a more realistic environment.
Also would like to practice live draw without a table in the way.
Thanks
Don't be cheap. If you have to join a club to be able to train properly it's money well spent. While you're at it get some professional instruction from a reputable school (Suarez, Farnam, etc). Both are a worthwhile investment. What is your and your family's life worth to you?

If all you you want is to practice draws/gun handling look into shooting with your local IDPA club. But keep in mind, and I cannot stress this enough, all IDPA (or any other shooting game) will do is allow you to practice existing skills with the added pressure of being on the clock. It is not instruction. It is not training. It is a game based loosely on self defense scenarios that will help you to see where you need improvement and force you to do it in a safe environment due to the rules and experienced oversight. And it's fun too.

I have no idea as to the whereabouts of a gun range there, but greetings to the people in the Greenville, SC. area. I was stationed at Donaldson AFB in the early 60's just before it was closed. Had a lot of good times. I remember spending a fair amount of time at the little bar and restaurant across from the Main Gate. I think it was owned by people named Beard. Good times!

I am a retired infantry and reconnaissance Marine with experience on USMC rifle and pistol teams and a fully certified NRA instructor on all platforms and in all disciplines. As a part of my firearms training and sales company I have a new outdoor range with firing berms for rifle at 100m, 200m and 300m with paper and steel targets. Also have a covered pistol range with 8 firing points out to 25m.

Ranges can be rented out by the hour with or without instruction by appointment only. Range safety officer always present.

All levels (from NRA to tactical) of firearms instruction on rifle, shotgun and handgun also available for classes or by appointment. I am also an FFL for firearms sales and have ammo on site for sale. Located within 3 miles of Wilson Shoals but offer extended ranges to 300m and for those qualified, dynamic tactical shooting (firing while moving) is also available.

Conveniently located midpoint between Atlanta and Greenville between Cornelia and Commerce off 4 lane US Hwy 441 just 12 miles NE of I-85 Commerce exit.
www.semperfiguntraining.com
770-405-9415

Link Removed

Link Removed

New Threads

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back