CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Out of state gun transfer

Hi,

Can anyone help me get my head around the gun transfer law here in NH?

My Father in law has given me a marlin rifle and a 1911 pistol from his collection. He lives in Oklahoma. Am I right in thinking that he has to send them to an FFL here in NH so that I can pick them up?

I find it confusing because there is no serial number / owner database here in NH as you can buy a gun privately if you know the person or they have a permit. I have spoken to two FFL’s and they said completely different things but that it would still cost $25 per gun.

Thanks.

I should add that I found this online with regard to Oklahoma, that seems to imply that I can take position of the guns and get on a plane and fly home to NH with no problems.

“No state permit is required for the purchase of a rifle, shotgun or handgun.

Residents may purchase legal firearms and ammunition from contiguous states, and residents of contiguous states may purchase firearms and ammunition in Oklahoma”

However I don't want to be a test case.

It has nothing to do with state laws. It is a federal law.

You will need to have the guns transfered to a NH FFL. Go to the FFL, fill out the paperwork for each gun, pay the fee and take them home.

You need to find your self a good FFL. I have one in my area that charges nothing for transfars. All of the other shops are 25-35 dollars.

Email