Out of all the states with CWP laws.......

Foxhound

...... which ones don't allow a business to ban concealed weapons from their premises either by sign or verbally ?

Then shouldn't there be a move nationwide to class cwp in a similar vein as a seeing eye dog and the like where they can't bar them from public businesses ?

...... which ones don't allow a business to ban concealed weapons from their premises either by sign or verbally ?

I'd be more interested to know all the states where signs have no legal grounding. Here in Tennessee, you legally can't carry past a properly posted sign.

Private property rights, all my friends are told they may carry on my property and since the criminals obey the law they may not carry.

in GA a sign at any business is just a piece of paper or cardboard or etc.. it does not hold any weight BUT if your asked to leave and dont than your looking at trespassing (nothing with the firearm)
I think last year when TN passed their 2nd restaurant carry law they put in that the gun buster sign is now legal, in my opinion I enjoyed going to places with just that sign and none of the wording because it told the criminals or the persons who dont know the law that guns werent allowed while still allowing gun owners to legally carry. Kinda like a business was playing both sides of the fence.

in GA a sign at any business is just a piece of paper or cardboard or etc.. it does not hold any weight BUT if your asked to leave and dont than your looking at trespassing (nothing with the firearm)
I think last year when TN passed their 2nd restaurant carry law they put in that the gun buster sign is now legal, in my opinion I enjoyed going to places with just that sign and none of the wording because it told the criminals or the persons who dont know the law that guns werent allowed while still allowing gun owners to legally carry. Kinda like a business was playing both sides of the fence.

The bill allowing guns in all establishments in Tennessee has gone through a lot of controversy. They included that clause in order to compromise enough to let it pass. To be honest, I've lived all over Tennessee and the only city that has a lot of gun buster signs is Nashville, and even then there're enough places there that don't post that you can make it around the city without breaking the law. I just moved back to East Tennessee last year, and I've only seen a handful of gun buster signs in the Knoxville area.

I honor these signs and I am grateful to those who put them up. It tells me the character of the management. I vote with my dollars and I do not care to enrich such a person. I wish them no ill but I will do nothing to benefit them either. Should I ever operate a restaurant I would take a buck off the cost of your meal if you showed your CC permit. I bet that would open a market. At the very least it would bring a smile to a few lips.

Then shouldn't there be a move nationwide to class cwp in a similar vein as a seeing eye dog and the like where they can't bar them from public businesses ?

I personally believe that if you open your business to the public, you should respect the public's rights and not just their wallets. BUT it's also THEIR Business and can do whatever they wan't. It sucks. All you can do is not give them a single dime and make sure they know why. It's hard to accomplish because people will go in their anyways and then they win.

I don't think we can/should pass a law that attempts to override personal property rights to force businesses to allow guns on their property. That's a slippery slope as far as property rights are concerned. However we should look at some of the reasons why they may feel compelled to do so: liability and insurance. Many businesses may feel or have been advised that by putting up a sign like that they are shielded from prosecution or are offered some level of protection from civil liability (limiting damages) if they put a "good faith effort" to prevent guns inside their establishment. Good faith effort is in quotes because we all know how useless a sign is in preventing a criminal from entering but I digress.

What if we passed laws that shielded the businesses from liability when they don't prevent legal CCW carriers from entering their establishment. This would remove the excuses of "I don't want to get sued, or the insurance company made me do it". At that point any establishment that stops you from legally carrying is doing it of it's own free will and that would then be a good time to start statewide/national boycotts of the businesses.

As a side note - if I have to leave my gun in the car and I then get shot at company ABC because of their policy - you can bet you ***** that myself or my estate is suing company ABC for damages.

In Arizona if it is posted No Firearms, then you better not enter that Establishment with a firearm. If caught you can be arrested or fined or both. This is up to the businesses, i.e., bars, restaurants, etc., their business, their rules. This does not apply to LEOs on duty.

In Washington you can ignore the signs except at in school buildings, courts, looney bins, jails, bars, outdoor music festivals, and sterile areas of airports.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back