Other risks of Combat

Link to interesting and thought-provoking 3-part article in Huffington Post.
Moral Injury: The Grunts - The Huffington Post

Thank you for the link... This article reaches into my soul.

Didn't read the whole article. All I can say is that some wounds only God can heal.

You need to read the whole article.

This quote is more profound to me than most of you could ever understand. ~ “We did it all for nothing,” said Darren Doss, 25, a former Marine

The internal conflict that I share with hundreds of thousands of fellow veterans is something very few in society can relate to. I don't like being thanked for my service, I feel wrong for that. I feel lied to, I feel angry and I feel ashamed to have been apart of this at times. To this day, I still fight back tears when I think about it. I cried in front of strangers when I visited the Medal of Honor Memorial on the U.S.S Yorktown in Mount Pleasant, SC. Do you have any idea how embarrassing it is to cry in front of strangers, to have your wife lead you out of the room and off to a corner away from people? Do you know what it's like to watch your wife lie to your children about why Daddy's crying?

I'll finish this later....

I am just throwing this out in the hope that someone can use it; this post is not directed at anyone.

The linked article is all fine and good but all it does is identify a problem it doesn’t offer a solution.

The Apostle first shows up in the new testament murdering Christians. Even though this isn’t specifically stated in the Bible I’m sure that he carried that with him because he talked about it a lot. He also had a lot to say about Grace and Forgiveness and he always spoke about them from the perspective of someone who had personally experienced them.

One of Paul’s themes is that there is nothing that can separate us from the Love of God. No sin (not that I am saying in any way that serving your country in time of war is a sin) no trial, no tribulation and no load of guilt that you carry. There is no damage that you can do to your soul that God can’t restore. But He won’t force Himself on you, you have to go to Him and you have to ask and you have to trust that He is able to do exactly what He promised. And (and this is the biggest and) you have to be willing to let it go

This is a place of decision, you have to decide if you’re going to reject what I said or turn to God and ask Him to restore and really you have that decision to make even if you’ve never been to war or even in the military.

God so loved the world that he gave his only son? PeaceWithGod.net

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back