optics for AR 15

usrme

I have a colt AR 15. Any suggestions on optics ? I am on a budget. Looking to spend around $400

The Leupold Mark AR 1.5-4x20 Matte Duplex is ideal for those with AR15/M-16 style rifles, delivering high performance at a price that's right on target. I can get one right in your price range. Contact me if you are interested or want more information.

Link Removed

I personally use the EOTech on my Remington Tactical 12ga. But, for my Bushmaster M4, I use the Mark 4 1-3x14mm CQ/T (Leupold)! You get the magnification along with the illuminated reticle, sweeeet!!!
Link Removed

I personally use the EOTech on my Remington Tactical 12ga. But, for my Bushmaster M4, I use the Mark 4 1-3x14mm CQ/T (Leupold)! You get the magnification along with the illuminated reticle, sweeeet!!!
Link Removed

I very much agree...sweet, but very expensive.

Choice of an optic is purpose driven. CQB - Aimpoint (right) hands down. Hunting or just general purpose then optics like the Leupold Mark AR (left) make a good choice.

161e3ar.jpg

Howdy,

To properly answer this question we need more info from the OP.

What type of AR? Shorty? Full size rifle? SBR?

What is the purpose of this AR?

SD? HD? Plinking? Steel plates @ 400yds? IDPA? 3-gun? Hunting?

I would use a different scope/sight on a SBRed AR that I was going to used for IDPA than one I would put on a 24" HB AR that I was going to shoot p-dogs with @ 300yds.

HTH

Paul

To properly answer this question, WE NEED TO ANSWER IT IN THE SAME YEAR IT WAS ASKED.....

Sent from my SM-G900V using USA Carry mobile app

To properly answer this question, WE NEED TO ANSWER IT IN THE SAME YEAR IT WAS ASKED.....

Does this forum not have an Archive where dead/old/closed threads go?

IMO if a thread is left on the open forum then it's fair game.

I don't think it a big deal reviving this thread. Folks are still curious about optics. Original poster may be long gone but maybe some others would find it useful. Some of you guys might laugh at me but I have one AR-15 that has a Primary Arms 3x9x40 red dot on it, came with the rifle, probably a $150 scope. I bought it used as it was my first AR three or four years ago. I initially bore sited it at 25 yards, first live fire at 25 yards was a bulls eye first shot, 1" from bulls eye at 100 yards. Zeroed in to 100 yards and has been accurate ever since with no zeroing since. I'm stunned. This rifle and scope has been on 6 hunting trips in three years and never have had to make any adjustments. Primary Arms makes a tough scope in my opinion. Yeh I have more AR's now, lot's of scopes, Leupold, Vortex, and an EoTech with the magnifier. All are good. Don't rule out the entry level scopes. Just have to do your research or get lucky like me.

NO, you do NOT "PROPERLY" answer a question years after it has been asked.... Answering it that late is only "answering" it...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back