Open vs Concealed Carry Debate Finally Settled

Before I give you, if i do say so myself, my genius idea I need to give you a little background. This will be a little long but I will try to break it into paragraphs so it is easy to read.

I was sitting at work reading the forum and it hit me, I am a forum welfare queen. I take and take from the members of the forum but don't give much if anything back. What was I to do? I am too young to have significant life experiences to add sage advice, but old enough to know it. My questions are usually taken care of with the search button or scanning relevant topics. Then I remembered something someone once said "it takes an idiot to entertain a village" (I might have that quote slightly off), and I realized maybe I could make you guys and gals laugh, because "if just one person is entertained then it's all worth it" (again I might have that saying wrong, I'm not good with quotes) So without further ado my idea.

DISCLAIMER: The rest of this post is meant for entertainment purposes only. It is not aimed at any one and if you take part of it seriously you need to get you sarcasm meter in for service.

There are numerious posts on here debating the various advantages of open versus concealed carry. I figured out a way to gat the best of both worlds.
Step 1: Find your favorite outfit and buy two or three copies of it
Step 2: Take your carry gun and holster to a airbrush artist and have them paint them to look exactly like you shirt and pants. Think the spray on bathing suits where you can't tell the model is actually naked that everyone with the Internet has seen.
Step 3: Carry with you gun hidden in plain site.

Now you get all of the speed advantages (alleged) of open carrying, with the tactile advantage (alleged) of concealing. What about some of the other advantages or perks of each type of carry?

Angering anti-gun people
Not trying to start an argument but some have said that wearing a gun on your hip makes the ant-gunners angry. My method can still make them uncomfortable. When they see that your hip moves slightly differently they will think you have a stealth gun. Think of how funny it will be when then call their senators trying to outlaw stealth guns and cloaking devices.

Deterring criminals
Criminals (being slightly dumber than anti's) will see the same effect but will pass you up because they don't want to mess with what they think is a gggggghost.

I am sure there are many other advantages that will come to light as we all move over to this method.

Remember this post was in jest and not intended to anger anyone in anyway. I will try to continue to solve the problems of the gun community.

Happy new year everyone.

LOL... please start contributing more.

This is hilarious. I'm thinking of doing this right away.... NOT!

Spray on bathing suits? Geez, I've got to get out more . . . I do like the idea of the paint. Makes open carry an option if you're a Naturist. Concealed carry for them would be a real pain in a$$.

Wait a minute....I typed "Get the hell off our forum, you bottom-feeder", and my iPad auto-corrected it to "Good stuff. Keep it coming, pal".

WTF, Steve Jobs...?

Before I give you, if i do say so myself, my genius idea I need to give you a little background. This will be a little long but I will try to break it into paragraphs so it is easy to read.

I was sitting at work reading the forum and it hit me, I am a forum welfare queen. I take and take from the members of the forum but don't give much if anything back. What was I to do? I am too young to have significant life experiences to add sage advice, but old enough to know it. My questions are usually taken care of with the search button or scanning relevant topics. Then I remembered something someone once said "it takes an idiot to entertain a village" (I might have that quote slightly off), and I realized maybe I could make you guys and gals laugh, because "if just one person is entertained then it's all worth it" (again I might have that saying wrong, I'm not good with quotes) So without further ado my idea.

DISCLAIMER: The rest of this post is meant for entertainment purposes only. It is not aimed at any one and if you take part of it seriously you need to get you sarcasm meter in for service.

There are numerious posts on here debating the various advantages of open versus concealed carry. I figured out a way to gat the best of both worlds.
Step 1: Find your favorite outfit and buy two or three copies of it
Step 2: Take your carry gun and holster to a airbrush artist and have them paint them to look exactly like you shirt and pants. Think the spray on bathing suits where you can't tell the model is actually naked that everyone with the Internet has seen.
Step 3: Carry with you gun hidden in plain site.

Now you get all of the speed advantages (alleged) of open carrying, with the tactile advantage (alleged) of concealing. What about some of the other advantages or perks of each type of carry?

Angering anti-gun people
Not trying to start an argument but some have said that wearing a gun on your hip makes the ant-gunners angry. My method can still make them uncomfortable. When they see that your hip moves slightly differently they will think you have a stealth gun. Think of how funny it will be when then call their senators trying to outlaw stealth guns and cloaking devices.

Deterring criminals
Criminals (being slightly dumber than anti's) will see the same effect but will pass you up because they don't want to mess with what they think is a gggggghost.

I am sure there are many other advantages that will come to light as we all move over to this method.

Remember this post was in jest and not intended to anger anyone in anyway. I will try to continue to solve the problems of the gun community.

Happy new year everyone.

Now this is an idea worth considering. Thanks for the tongue in cheek comment.

I'm glad I was able to make at least a few chuckle.

To 2AWarrior, I know what you mean with the auto correct, my original post was: open carry is the only way, if you are not carrying 45 acp you are literally seconds away from death and lasers will kill you by themselves and what you saw was the auto correct :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back