Open Carry in Texas

kebeau

I saw a post on Facebook that open carry has passed in TX and it was from a Tea party official. Can anyone confirm this?
Kebeau

I saw a post on Facebook that open carry has passed in TX and it was from a Tea party official. Can anyone confirm this?
Kebeau

AFAIK nothing of the sort has been brought up or passed in TX, it is illegal to OC in TX

What you got was an easing of the CC law that changed accidental exposure of a CCW from a crime to not a crime.

Open Carry, nope, didn't happen.

The Texas Legislature is not even in session this year and no Open Carry bill was passed, much less signed into law in 2013.

This is from "pro-gun" people in Texas:
A little history on the 30.06 signs - Private Shooting Range, Texas CHL, Hunter Education Near Flower Mound | Denton County Sports Association

In conclusion for now as it relates to the 30.06 signage: Currently, in the locations where many of us go on a daily basis, there are just not all that many 30.06 signs. What many of us fear is that if any "Open Carry" legislation happens to get passed and is not very carefully worded in regard to signage (as in NOT tied to the current 30.06 verbiage), it could result in just enough "Man with a Gun" calls to 911 to create an epidemic of wasted police resources, business owners and managers not wanting any more "panic attacks" in their buildings or parking lots and a rash of new 30.06 signs going up at thousands of locations where there are none present today.

If the "pro-gun" people are that afraid of the sight of guns in public in Texas, imagine how the anti-gun crowd must be. Texas is easily within the top 10 most restrictive states regarding carrying handguns in public for self-defense.

I have done some more research and there is a bill in the House. It is HR 1194 by Paddie and was tabled last year with no further action. It is supposed to be brought up in 2015. It is basically the concealed carry bill with the word concealed scratched out. It is posted on the Texas House website. Lets hope it passes. Maybe with a new governor it will, as long as it is not the Democratic candidate.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back