Open Carry at work

s0nspark

Talk is Cheap!!
Anyone here open carry at work, where work is NOT a gun store or pawn shop? ;-)

I'd love to be able to, just from a comfort point of view...

Prohibited by state law for me to carry at work, college campus. Until a month ago having a gun in the car, even unloaded in a locked box, was illegal on any campus. Now can have a handgun in a locked vehicle on campus if you have a CHP, but the campus police chief interprets the new law to mean the gun must be in a locked container before you unlock the doors to get out of the car.

Now can have a handgun in a locked vehicle on campus if you have a CHP, but the campus police chief interprets the new law to mean the gun must be in a locked container before you unlock the doors to get out of the car.

Wow... of course it would make sense to put the gun away before the doors were unlocked anyway but still...

I have in the past as a construction worker and as a truck driver (over the road) I had to pay close attention what states I did it in though.... some dont allow open carry. In those instances, I concealed.

In my current job it just isnt proper, I meet new customers on occasion (they can show up at any time and without warning) so it wouldnt be good to do anything that might keep them from doing business with us....

However, I have not been told NOT to do it, and the owner has no problems with me carrying.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back