Open carry and firearms in motels

davcommander

In 2013, I posted that I would be in NV for the annual DAV Convention in August of this year. NV does not recognize OK CCL and therefore I can not CC while there. But does NV law allow for open carry for non residents? If so where may I carry. Am I allowed to have a loaded weapon in my motel room without a NV license? If so how must I keep it while in the room? Thanks for your help and I would prefer, if possible, references to the NV law so I may read and understand it prior to my trip.

I live in CA, my sons live in Idaho, so I frequently travel through Nevada to visit. Is open carry by a non-resident legal in Nevada. I read the regulations posted by"Firefighterchen" and don't seem to find this info there. As a woman traveling alone, I want to be safe; I also want to be legal. What about holstered in plain view in my car?

Well maybe NavyLCR will chime in but for what I understand you can carry loaded in the car or on your person, open carry can be done, maybe he will chime in to conform this.

Open carry is legal for non residents as well as residents. Concealed carry only applies to concealed on your person so you can carry anywhere in your car. Most hotels have policies against firearms and will ask you to secure them in their armory.

Most hotels have policies against firearms and will ask you to secure them in their armory.

I've never had a hotel ask me this. I've stayed in at least a dozen hotels from Wendover to Reno this past year.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

1% seems awfully low, but I concede that I was not speaking for all of Nevada. Oh a ccw does not allow you to carry at schools, specific written permission must be obtained from the Dean or principal.

1% seems awfully low, but I concede that I was not speaking for all of Nevada. Oh a ccw does not allow you to carry at schools, specific written permission must be obtained from the Dean or principal.

Also OP if they are still reading this, even with permission, it would be a federal crime to go within 1000' of a school with your OK permit.

Sent from my HTCONE using USA Carry mobile app

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back