online dealers - help!

Jayman720

Ok. I understand that the Internet has opened up a huge world of commerce for small businesses. Make sense.

What doesn't make sense is how an online shop can sell a firearm for hundreds of dollars less than what I can purchase it for locally.

I was taught that if something sounds too good to be true, it usually isn't true.

Am I over thinking my firearm purchase?

The online dealer is selling this firearm for less than my local can buy it for... Or so the local guy says.

Thoughts??

I've purchaced two pistols from davidsoninc online with great results both pistols as advertised

The online dealer is selling this firearm for less than my local can buy it for... Or so the local guy says.

Thoughts??

Why should guns be any different than any other merchandise? I've seen the same thing with just about any type of merchandise...some online dealer carries it for a fraction of the price any retail store does. Many times they will acquire their merchandise from such events as closing/foreclosed business auctions.

business is business. While one owner wants to take home 15%, another is happy with 4%. Take home profits depend on percentage of markup, volume of sales, and expenses. Retail shops have higher expenses than online retailers typically, because the retail shop is paying for more employees (retail has to have enough employees to handle any volume they may have, where online could have a surge order day and just take a few extra days to catch up without hiring more people), parking lot, retail location, shooting range, employee time to call the ATF and check your credentials, etc. All the online seller has to do is check it in from where they order it, post an ad, take your money, reship the product. That really oversimplifies the answer to the question, but I think you get the point

business is business. While one owner wants to take home 15%, another is happy with 4%. Take home profits depend on percentage of markup, volume of sales, and expenses. Retail shops have higher expenses than online retailers typically, because the retail shop is paying for more employees (retail has to have enough employees to handle any volume they may have, where online could have a surge order day and just take a few extra days to catch up without hiring more people), parking lot, retail location, shooting range, employee time to call the ATF and check your credentials, etc. All the online seller has to do is check it in from where they order it, post an ad, take your money, reship the product. That really oversimplifies the answer to the question, but I think you get the point

What he/she said...

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back