Old 2013 shooting case under review?

gfrlaser

FBI Reviewing Police Shooting of Florida Man Jermaine McBean - NBC News

"He [McBean] couldn't have fired that gun from the position he was in. There was no possible way of firing it and at the same time hitting something," McCarthy said. "I kind of blame myself, because if I hadn't called it might not have happened."

However, the office is reviewing an award for bravery that was given to the deputy, Peter Peraza, who killed McBean even while the shooting was still under investigation.

In addition, another witness — a driver who called 911 in alarm when he saw McBean walking down the street — told NBC News that he never pointed the air rifle at police.

Michael Russell McCarthy, 58, said McBean had the Winchester Model 1000 Air Rifle he had just bought at a local pawn shop balanced on his shoulders behind his neck, with his hand over both ends. He was turning around to face police when one officer began shooting, McCarthy said.

"He [McBean] couldn't have fired that gun from the position he was in. There was no possible way of firing it and at the same time hitting something," McCarthy said. "I kind of blame myself, because if I hadn't called it might not have happened."

See, MWAG calls are dangerous!

If the facts turn out to be as reported in this article, some police heads should roll. It shouldn't take the FBI, what about state agencies?

Howdy,

Somehow I missed this shooting.

Wow! A man buys an air rifle at a pawnshop and gets killed by the police while walking home. ( as I sit here shaking my head while I'm eating lunch ).

Paul

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back