Oklahoma Republicans sell out on Campus CCW

Bighouse Doc

Promising to pass college university CCW to get elected, The ruling R's have passed instead, "Faculty Carry" with the proviso that the college president can ban it from his campus.

The corrupt legislature, caved to a bunch of corrupt university presidents.

-Doc

Welcome to the real world of politics. I was a Republican for almost 40 years, but left the party when I realized they were just as big at lying as were the Democrats. I have been Independent now for over a decade. Both sides could care less about you or your rights. Neither side has any intention of following the Constitution. They all have their own agendas and it usually involves personal power and wealth.

Not all Republicans are pro gun and not all Democrats are antis.

You have to seek them out one by one, individually.

Welcome to the real world of politics. I was a Republican for almost 40 years, but left the party when I realized they were just as big at lying as were the Democrats. I have been Independent now for over a decade. Both sides could care less about you or your rights. Neither side has any intention of following the Constitution. They all have their own agendas and it usually involves personal power and wealth.

From what I have seen, the further a politician is from local power (Governor instead of Mayor), the more cynical their motivations, the cheaper the smiles.

Exactly why The USA was meant to have a limited federal gov't and powerful states. Oh and a constitution, lot of people forget about that these days for the communist manifesto. Hold onto your guns boys!

Most people are never going to get it: All our problems in government have been caused by Republicans and Democrats. Until you abandon them there is no way to solve the problems.

Most people are never going to get it: All our problems in government have been caused by Republicans and Democrats. Until you abandon them there is no way to solve the problems.

I am afraid I must disagree. Our problems are caused by politicians of any party who put their personal beliefs and the need to be reelected ahead of what is best for the country as a whole.

The problem crosses all party lines. We will always have political parties, we just need to send folks to Congress who will actually represent their electorate.

As much as I dislike Pelosi, she does represent her electorate, unfortunately.

Please explain how continued support for the parties candidates which have been in office while these laws were enacted will help the problem. There must be a fundamental shift in voter thinking and that is unlikely to happen as long as the two-in-one party system of today remains.
I am afraid I must disagree. Our problems are caused by politicians of any party who put their personal beliefs and the need to be reelected ahead of what is best for the country as a whole.

The problem crosses all party lines. We will always have political parties, we just need to send folks to Congress who will actually represent their electorate.

As much as I dislike Pelosi, she does represent her electorate, unfortunately.
Pelosi is probably a good example of my argument. If she, as the Democrat on her district's ballot, were not elected it would most likely be someone from a further-left fringe party. Her constituents tend to be more focused on what they want than most.

Unfortunately, you are correct.:mad:

I am with you on this 100%

Please explain how continued support for the parties candidates which have been in office while these laws were enacted will help the problem. There must be a fundamental shift in voter thinking and that is unlikely to happen as long as the two-in-one party system of today remains.

Pelosi is probably a good example of my argument. If she, as the Democrat on her district's ballot, were not elected it would most likely be someone from a further-left fringe party. Her constituents tend to be more focused on what they want than most.

I think we are in agreement here. There are certainly elected officials in office who did not support all the laws passed in Congress. The way it works, they only have one vote and they have been outvoted by the opposition. We need to send more of the opposition home and keep the folks who accurately represent us in Congress.

Elected officials certainly do cross party lines to support legislation that is favored by the people who sent them to Congress. As an example, Dan Boren was one of three Democrats who voted to repeal Obama Care. I live in his District and I know that vote represented the thoughts of his District.

He also voted against Nancy Pelosi for Minority Leader, again representing his District. He has voted for her in the past, but he has learned that is not what his District wishes, so he changed his voting pattern.

Unfortunately everyone is not a conservative, like I am, so we will always have progressives or liberals or whatever in Congress. But most of the nation is conservative, based on most voting patterns. The problem is that we conservatives do not get out the vote as effectively as the opposition side, so we don't win the elections in every case.

The last election shows that conservatives can get the job done if they are motivated and we can get those out of office who fail to represent the folks back at home, see the large number in the House who went home.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back