Odd Mass Gun Law

imrambi

These are coming from DumbLaws.com.

I would like find where some of these are on the books:

Mass Law:
"All men must carry a rifle to church on Sunday."

Boston Law:
"No one may cross the Boston Common without carrying a shotgun in case of bears."

North Andover:
An ordinance prohibits the use of space guns.

I do not know if these are real or not, but would be interesting if they are.

I'm pretty sure the Mass law about carrying a rifle to church is no longer on the books. I've had occasion to pore over Mass gun laws, and haven't seen any such thing.

As for the Boston and North Andover ordnances...couldn't say for sure.

They were real, but I know the church law was repealed.

They're old blue laws that were not enforced for over 100 years and they were offically repealed when the rest of the blue laws got the ax about ten years ago. All I know is I like the convenience of the malls and liquor stores being open on Sundays....

They're old blue laws that were not enforced for over 100 years and they were offically repealed when the rest of the blue laws got the ax about ten years ago. All I know is I like the convenience of the malls and liquor stores being open on Sundays....

Haha yeah I cant argue with that. I live close enough to NH that it was never a big deal to take a trip up north thought :)

Haha yeah I cant argue with that. I live close enough to NH that it was never a big deal to take a trip up north thought :)

It would be about an hour for me. A PITA indeed but done more than once in the thirsty early days....

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back