OC Spray/Mace = The Presentation of Deadly Force?

Thanks for the information. I know tasers are legal for public purchase and use in Pennsylvania. Do you know how accurate they are at the 15 foot range or farther? I would assume that accuracy depends on practice, but I take it that they can hit anywhere on one's body to be effective. Practicality would say that presenting a firearm may prevent a taser attack for the sake of deterrance, but legally, that may put things into hotter territory, depending on one's state of residence.

I still say that most bad guys will shot and kill for simplicity's sake, not for trying to legally outfox and outmaneuver me in and before a court room, but sometimes you never know. A .22 handgun would be the most deadly weapon if there are no other guns available. So I guess having no guns available makes the taser king...

If I remember correctly the probes spread 1ft vertically for every 7ft of travel so they would have to aim at your throat to have both probes enter your body on an average human torso.

I take it that the farther the probes are from each other, the more effective/incapacitating the electric shock is in the target?

Can you get incapacitated from one probe hitting you?

I take it that the farther the probes are from each other, the more effective/incapacitating the electric shock is in the target?

Can you get incapacitated from one probe hitting you?

Yes, the further the probes are the greater the effect of NMI or Neuro-Muscular Incapacitation. No you cannot be incapacitated from 1 probe. It's just an electrical circuit with a + and a - without it being a complete circuit it'll just hurt to get shot with 1 probe lol.

There are cases where the perp was able to strip off clothes and required a second Taser to be used. Some people who take certain medications would not be affected by the Taser.

There are cases where the perp was able to strip off clothes and required a second Taser to be used. Some people who take certain medications would not be affected by the Taser.

Taser does have a failure rate, albeit a low one compared to other less lethal options. Which medications? I don't recall the instructor mentioning anything about medication causing a failure.

Medications? Please pass a list along. I have never heard of any.

I'm not sure but I think if someone gets the mace from a Police Officer he has the right to use deadly force.

New to this forum, and my understanding is that the deadly force your attacker may use against you is the gun you carry which is consider deadly force if your weapon is taken away from you.
Consider if you take a LEO down with no weapon, he can use what ever force necessary to control you including deadly force if he fears for his life and you have an the ability to take his firearm away from him.

I guess you have to state you were in fear of your life and that you feel your attacker have the ability to use your weapon on you if you did not slow or stop them.

Medications? Please pass a list along. I have never heard of any.

Neurontin would tend to block the signals.

And in a case here not too long ago, a druggie managed to get his clothes off to shed the first set of Taser projectiles, it took a second set to finally stop him. Nude.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back