nys pistol permit at long island ny

CRAZYISH

does any-0ne know if i can go to longisland ny with my nys pistol permit to go shooting at the range

does any-0ne know if i can go to longisland ny with my nys pistol permit to go shooting at the range

You didn't say whether you had a "no restictions" license or not, if not it is most of the time "to and from the range"! If this is the case, I wouldn't bring your gun.

You didn't say whether you had a "no restictions" license or not, if not it is most of the time "to and from the range"! If this is the case, I wouldn't bring your gun.

Soooooo, you wouldn't recommend going to THE RANGE with the permit that allows you to go TO THE RANGE? hmmm.

Soooooo, you wouldn't recommend going to THE RANGE with the permit that allows you to go TO THE RANGE? hmmm.

First off, that is a very long drive from Putnum Co just to go to the range!

And if he had a restricted license, he couldn't stop to visit anyone on the way, or stay overnight, except to stop for gas!

On the Island, he would also have to abide by the conditions on his license from Putnum Co, or face a suspension/revocation.

Like the snatale said, make it QUICK! Don't stop for anything and try not to get pulled over. Because technically, you will be carrying a firearm (even in your trunk) without a valid NYC Permit and you could face arrest. They would lock you up without giving two shyts about it and let the courts figure it out.

I don't know a thing about NYS licensing but the more I read my advise is to move out of there to the US of A.

Like the snatale said, make it QUICK! Don't stop for anything and try not to get pulled over. Because technically, you will be carrying a firearm (even in your trunk) without a valid NYC Permit and you could face arrest. They would lock you up without giving two shyts about it and let the courts figure it out.

First off, he does have a full carry license if you read the last few posts.

And your wrong about getting locked up if you travel thru NYC.

This is from the Nassau County Police handbook.

Traveling Through New York City (Five Boroughs)
Holders of Target, Business, Armed Guard and Armored Car Guard Pistol Licenses must comply with the following procedure when transporting firearms thru New York City:
 Have the unloaded firearm(s) in a locked container during a continuous and uninterrupted trip through New York City (5 boroughs).
 Ammunition and firearm(s) must be stored separately in a locked container. Storage should be in the trunk. If your vehicle does not have a trunk, the locked containers must be kept the farthest distance as possible from your person.

Holders of Target, Business, Armed Guard and Armored Car Guard Pistol Licenses must comply with the following procedure when transporting firearms thru New York City:
 Have the unloaded firearm(s) in a locked container during a continuous and uninterrupted trip through New York City (5 boroughs).
 Ammunition and firearm(s) must be stored separately in a locked container. Storage should be in the trunk. If your vehicle does not have a trunk, the locked containers must be kept the farthest distance as possible from your person.

ok great info thanx everyone

First off, I know the law and have read that the OP has a CCW in the State.

Technically, FOPA allows me to transport my firearm thru NYC to let's say Connecticut travelling from PA. The PROBLEM is the hassle you could receive from NYC cops WHO don't know the LAW. That's why the make it "QUICK" was suggested. The OP is good to go, but NYC is a hit or miss.

BTW, I would like to see a Holder of a Target permit (Nassau County) try flying out of La Guardia airport (NYC) with their firearm (locked in a case). Good luck with that one.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back