NYC gun laws

BamaBoy

I can't seem to open the NRA link to New York gun laws, so can somebody tell me—

1. If I own a handgun legally and move to New York City, what is legally required of me to keep it in my apartment?

2. If I live in New York City and have done whatever I need to do regarding my handgun, can I pack it in a suitcase and take it to the train station as luggage for a trip to another state?

Thank you!

Sorry, you can not bring your legally owned handgun with you to NYC. Once you are established there, you could try to get a permit, but don't hold your breath. Outside of the city, the licensing process varies by county. Some are very easy to deal with, some are as difficult as the city itself. Your license issued outside the city is not considered valid in the city either. On the other hand, a license issued in the city is valid in the rest of the state. Yes, the laws here are confusing.

I can't seem to open the NRA link to New York gun laws, so can somebody tell me—

1. If I own a handgun legally and move to New York City, what is legally required of me to keep it in my apartment?

2. If I live in New York City and have done whatever I need to do regarding my handgun, can I pack it in a suitcase and take it to the train station as luggage for a trip to another state?

Thank you!

1. No, you are not allowed possession of a handgun in NYC without a permit. You'll need the permit first and then you'll receive a "purchase order" to buy a handgun.

2. No, you are not allowed to take your handgun out of the city without a "hunter's authorization card" and you are definitely not allowed to take your gun out of the state. You will only be allowed to take your gun to an "authorized nyc gun range" for target practice and the unloaded gun has to transported in a locked case with the ammo separate. Link Removed

Welcome to NYC!

Yeah
I grew up in Staten Island.
NYC made all these laws to make it difficult for criminal to carry there LOL!

Much worse than you can imagine. About 99.99% of the people are not allowed to defend themselves. As you know a Supreme Court decision was the the LEO's have no obligation to protect the average person. Yet at the same time we are not allowed to defend ourselves, our loved ones. You can get a CCW permit if you are a politican, have lots of money, or have lots of money with deep kneepads. Cannot wait to get out of New York and move to the free state of Alaska.
Good luck with your gun (s) in the state of New York City.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back