Numbers

Can't dispute stats, although they can be manipulated to the NTH degree. I think it was Robert Heinlein that stated “An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
If you haven't read him and enjoy scifi please give him a try. Heinlein, Isaac Asimov and Ray Bradbury were all think tank people/R&D for the DOD back in the fifties. Truly brilliant minds....(Sorry, not trying to highjack the thread)

Can't dispute stats, although they can be manipulated to the NTH degree. I think it was Robert Heinlein that stated “An armed society is a polite society. Manners are good when one may have to back up his acts with his life.”
If you haven't read him and enjoy scifi please give him a try. Heinlein, Isaac Asimov and Ray Bradbury were all think tank people/R&D for the DOD back in the fifties. Truly brilliant minds....(Sorry, not trying to highjack the thread)

Hijacking the thread with good authors is always acceptable! Been enjoying Kurt Vonnegut lately, myself.

Their writings is not necessarily just about the other Worlds and fictional settings. They write about social attitudes and tenets that will progress under what they believe is an ultimate end to independent thought. Ayn Rand says it's the best. Or worst, because a lot of her writings have become true.

Hijacking the thread with good authors is always acceptable! Been enjoying Kurt Vonnegut lately, myself.

I agree completely, one should be well armed intellectually (by that I mean well read, not necessarily college degreed) as well as physically. That's why I really enjoy the quotes so many place at the end of their posts, always collecting new ammo.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shodan
Back