Nra

Midnight

They're a pro 2A group, right?

Self serving, maybe. On the other hand, they DO make the effort to keep tabs on local and National legislative efforts to circumvent our 2nd ammendment rights. (Check out their web site. Loads of good info there.)

They have become a "political" organization, resplendent with Legal team, Lobbiests, the whole Political Action ball game. They were not designed to be so, it came to be because SOMEONE had to fight the hype, hysteria and downright lies consistantly being spread by the Lib/Prog/Dems counter gun and 2nd ammendment.

It has been said that they don't "push" hard enough. Maybe.... but they are also circumspect enough to realize that small battles won sometimes count more than a large battle that exhausts all one's ammo.

Through efforts supported by the NRA, the number of CC States has grown from 10 just a few years ago to nearly all. The NRA was also helpful in passing the Law that protected Gun Mfgrs from frivolous lawsuits. Even now the NRA is working hard to get the "Castle Doctrine" adopted in every State.

So, while for some of you their efforts may appear not enough or too slow.... I would like to point out that our voices would NOT be heard at all in such numbers if the NRA did NOT exist.

If you are expecting perfection or a program that encompasses ALL your personal desires vis-a-vis gun rights, you will be waiting for a very long time. Until a better outfit can draw over 2 million members, this will do just fine. I support them. (... and urge membership.)

GG

We may not agree with how they everything.But I certainly agree with what they do for us.

I agree. They are a self-promoting bureaucracy.

I've been a "member" for many years though, simply because they do wield a lot of clout in Washington.

Their education programs are pretty good and having a "body" to standardize things is really good when it comes to firearm safety, etc.

Problem is, when they support candidates like Harry Reid for reelection, makes you wonder what they really support. :mad:

Problem is, when they support candidates like Harry Reid for reelection, makes you wonder what they really support. :mad:

I certainly won't argue with that.:laugh:

However, the Republicans really screwed up in their primary. They had a couple of pretty decent, well-qualified candidates on the primary ballot. Yet they choose an idiot to run against the person who is very powerful and popular in the largest population area...Vegas.

They're fighting for us, everyone. It won't happen overnight. It's one skirmish at a time, then one battle at a time, then one campaign at a time to win a "war" like this one. I can pretty much guarantee that there will always be losses, and that there will always be controversies, and that there will always be the States and municipalities that think of themselves as 'special', and act like independent nations. That stuff will never end. NRA can only do so much, and nobody else can do it better, as yet.

There is power in number !!!

I agree with all the above , if your not a member ***** some place else ! But it is use as a citizen and do the fighting also !

Well, I am a NRA member, and I agree with most of what they do for gun owners. Notice I said most. They probably supported Reid because, in 2009 I believe, Reid helped get the funding for one of the largest gun ranges in the area where he is from. The NRA was there when Reid "cut the ribbon" in the opening ceremonies. It was in one of my past issues of American Rifleman. Believe me though, I am no Harry Reid fan myself.

The NRA, like any large political organization, will support the people that will push their cause. Politicians for the most part will go where the money is. If they have to step off the reservation now and then, well that's part of the game. Don't forget most politicians are lawyers and most lawyers have no morals or convictions. They will sell you down the river for the right money.

I am a Life Member of the NRA and damned proud of it! The NRA is the only full time Pro 2A lobbying Organization, bar none!!! Neither the GOA or any other gun organization hold a candle to them. They take a bad rap every election simply because they don't endorse candidates because of their political party affiliations, but rather by their stance on 2A rights. That seems to tee some folks off, I know I wasn't pleased with Wayne LaPerrier being buddy-buddy with Harry Reid either...:yu::yu::yu:

I did not make it clear in my earlier post that I am a NRA Life Member (Endowment) and have been for years. The 2nd Amendment does not exist in a vacuum, and for the NRA to support Reid just because he claims to be in favor of firearms, while he tromps all over the rest of the Constitution, is lunacy.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back