CLICK HERE TO WIN A FREE GUN

Non-Resident to Resident

2000Z3M

Ok. I sent in all my paper work about a month ago for my Non-Resident CCW for Fl. Well no kidding 2 days later I had a RIP and orders in my hand to Fl. I'm in FL already and I'm still waiting for my Non-Resident permit. Can I just go the the local sheriff's and have then switch it to a resident permit or do I have to do everything all over again?

The Department of Agriculture & Consumer Services Division of Licensing handle all permits for Florida. So I don't believe going to the local Sheriffs will accomplish anything. Call (850)-245-5691. They should be able to give you a status on you non-res and tell you what you need to do to get a perm one.

Does anyone know if you get a non-resident CCW here, are you still good with all the reciprocating states?

Click on the reciprocity map on this site's home page. It will tell you which states recognize FL permits, both resident and non-resident.

It is still YOUR responsibility to check a particular state before carrying there--if the laws change, and you carry where you're not allowed, saying that you saw it on a website will not get you off the hook.

Email