No, THIS is why some people hate cops.

whodat2710

Link Removed

Because of the ones that take an "above the law" attitude. I also hate when cops refer to the general population as "civilians". I know many cops are former military, but when they begin to see themselves as not a part of the general population, it doesn't get better from there.

Good lord we are doomed.
The comments floor me.
Kindergartners are tazed and the comments are all about a PO'ed mother spitting on a cop.
If that were my kid I would be doing more that spitting.

I found this unbelievable, so I did some research.

Can't find a Calcutta Elementary in Sherwood, ND anywhere. The only school I could find is Sherwood Elementary (which serves grades K-6). The total population in the entire town is less than 250 (about 70 families according to Wiki). Even if every family had 1 in grade K, still wouldn't justify a second school. And it also calls into question how "Hundreds of horrified and enraged parents " could be storming the halls.

And as I pulled that last quote from the original article, I just notice who wrote this piece of work. Remember her? She wrote this piece of garbage: Link Removed

Please do not re-paste articles from this author. As a matter of fact, I would suggest everyone avoid that site altogether. Its either a troll-blog site, or meant to be dry humor.

I know it's satire, this web site is like "the onion".

This was in response to the post a few threads down about why people hate cops. Notice I did not comment about tazing kids under the article? There is truth behind the lies though, think about the recent stories of overbearing cops, above the law "public servants" etc. What is scary is that in todays society this satire is not immediately recognized as one.

Link Removed

Because of the ones that take an "above the law" attitude. I also hate when cops refer to the general population as "civilians". I know many cops are former military, but when they begin to see themselves as not a part of the general population, it doesn't get better from there.

How about when politicians on both sides refer to you as a worker as opposed to fellow citizen. Makes me wonder what they are...leeches or just stuck to the workers nipple!

I've never heard of this site, but I couldn't believe the absurdity of it from the beginning. It just wasn't believable.

However, there was an incident about 6-8 months ago of a police officer in Arizona who was assigned to an elementary as an SRO. For one reason or another, (I think the kid was back talking and he was trying to scare him) the officer pulled out his taser and pointed at the kid. He then negligently discharged the weapon and tased the young boy. Unlike the "incident"in the OP post, this one was reported on and verified by several different sources. The officer was fired but I don't believe he was charged.

If this site is an attempt at satire it's a very poor attempt. I found nothing entertaining or amusing about it.

Imagine if something was written not to entertain or amuse, but to make you think and consider...

Then attempting to pass it off as fact or truth is dishonest and the only thing it makes me consider is not reading their articles again.

I've never heard of this site, but I couldn't believe the absurdity of it from the beginning. It just wasn't believable.

However, there was an incident about 6-8 months ago of a police officer in Arizona who was assigned to an elementary as an SRO. For one reason or another, (I think the kid was back talking and he was trying to scare him) the officer pulled out his taser and pointed at the kid. He then negligently discharged the weapon and tased the young boy. Unlike the "incident"in the OP post, this one was reported on and verified by several different sources. The officer was fired but I don't believe he was charged.

Could you be thinking of Tucumcari, New Mexico?

Link Removed

Could you be thinking of Tucumcari, New Mexico?

Link Removed

Couldn't remember the exact facts of the story so I searched for it again. Turns out it was in New Mexico, not Arizona, however it was a different incident than the one you reference. The officer wasn't actually assigned there but was presenting there on career day. Trying to be a smartass, he asked the kids "Who wants to wash my patrol car?" When one of them said he didn't want to, he pulled out his taser and said "Let me show you what happens to kids that don't listen to the police", before negligently discharging the weapon and tasting the 10yr old boy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/10/31/10-year-old-tasered-new-mexico_n_2050463.html

Interestingly enough, in the article I posted it references another article in which the San Diego police accidentally "tased" a three year old girl while chasing a parole violator through a shopping mall. Luckily the girl was not shocked because she was only hit by one barb. While not as blatant as pointing the weapon directly at a child, discharging a taser at moving target inside a shopping mall filled with families and young children for something as minor as a PV, is completely irresponsible and reckless.

I know it's satire, this web site is like "the onion".

This was in response to the post a few threads down about why people hate cops. Notice I did not comment about tazing kids under the article? There is truth behind the lies though, think about the recent stories of overbearing cops, above the law "public servants" etc. What is scary is that in todays society this satire is not immediately recognized as one.

Then why was the second post a debunking of the story?? With the logic you give about how recognizable this was at being untrue, we should be going on and on about the inhumanity of these cops for at least several more pages of threads. :wink:

Then why was the second post a debunking of the story?? With the logic you give about how recognizable this was at being untrue, we should be going on and on about the inhumanity of these cops for at least several more pages of threads. :wink:

Because the second post was not by me. Should have been more clear that this was satire in the initial post though.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back