No-Guns Sign at Camping World in Chattanooga

tommy62

I went to Camping World in Chattanooga to get an estimate on my 5th wheel after a tree jumped into it. I did not see the copied gun buster sign on the door the first day. The next day I went back to pick up the body shop estimate and there it was. I got the estimate after going back to my truck to put my gun in the safe. Too bad another company will be getting my $2033.34.

Well done!

I've also done this several times. I can't believe an outdoor store would do this. I'd also write a letter to the company's corporate offices informing them how this decision is affecting business. Be polite but very clear.

Its all so silly. What in the world are these people afraid of anyway? Its almost like some anti-gun group gives them some money each year just to put the sign up or something.

Uneducated Desicions By Businesses

Thanks for the "heads-up" about this business! I absolutely refuse to do business with any company that takes away my right to carry and defend myself or family. I know that Regions Banks have all posted NO CARRY signs on all their branches! I was a regions customer until after they posted the signs. I asked an employee (Asst. Manager) who told me I could still carry because they won't say anything....BUT...if it'sa No Carry sign with the TN State Code listed on it then with permission or not, it won't cover me in a lawsuit! I would also lose my Handgun Permit. If its just a gun buster sign then I am good to go as long as they physically ask me to leave or leave the firearm in the car....at that point it would fall under the State Code.

I absolutely REFUSE to give my money to there businesses! I wonder how many bad guys will look at the sign and say 'Oh Crap! I can't use my gun to rob the place or kill somebody.....what will I do??". These people and businesses that POST these signs are very nieve and un-informed! Thank God we can carry while eating in a restaurant that serves alcohol.....which is pretty much EVERY restaurant! Are these places going to protect us and our families?? The answer is NO....so MAYBE I will eat there when they hire a uniformed Police Officer to do so! I am going to be posting "NO CARRY" businesses on my website Link Removed in the very near future so check back. Maybe together we can make a statement and get some of these businesses to take down those idiotic signs! I have been carrying concealed (licensed) for almost 20 years and I carry EVERYWHERE and at ALL TIMES and have NEVER had an incident where I felt the need to flash or pull! If you are in TN, GA or AL then shoot me an email at "[email protected]" and maybe we can get this take those signs down campaigns here in the Chattanooga area.

Is that a company wide policy or is it just for the local store? The reason I ask it I've been to the one in Colfax, NC and I've never noticed "Gun Buster" sign there. I'm going by that Camping World next week so I'll check it out.

I live in IA and I spoke with a guy the other day who lives in a county by me and like me he CC's. We recently had a change in IA law making it easier to obtain a permit. In response to the law his local sheriff went door to door to ask local business owners and managers to put up signs disallowing guns in their business. I said if I lived there I would inform every business of the boycott I was beginning of their establishment. Then I would get as many as I could to stand with me! Then I would let the sheriff know how I would be voting in the next sheriff's election. We can't just sit by and take it...at least I can't!

Good on you for not giving them your money. Please make sure to let corporate know why they are losing your business and that you're letting the gun owning community know of their anti-gun policies.

Thanks,

Is that a company wide policy or is it just for the local store? The reason I ask it I've been to the one in Colfax, NC and I've never noticed "Gun Buster" sign there. I'm going by that Camping World next week so I'll check it out.

It was on plain paper and stated"NO FIREARMS ALLOWED" under the GB sign. It appeared to be copied from another source.

Be very sure to contact corp. headquarters(personally speak to an officer-not a secretary) and the manager of the shop. If they do not know of their loss then they will not be likely to take the sign down. I have gotten two taken down near me and one actually sent me an apology.

The location here in Washington State has not had an issue with firearms (yet). I'm an open carrier who spends quite a bit of money in their store.

My letter:
I have done business with your company since I started RVing ten years ago. I recently had an estimate for bodywork done at your Chattanooga facility and was very pleased with the service and professionalism of your staff. I spoke with Johnny at the service desk and he was great to work with. The main reason I am writing is your store's police on handgun carry at this facility. I did not notice the sign on the door the day I visited the store, but I did see it the next day when I came by to get the estimate. It was for $2033.34. I chose not to do the repairs there due to the NO Firearms policy at your store. I wanted to let you know that myself and many licensed handgun carry permit holders chose not to do business with any business that restricts our 2nd Amendment rights. Once again, I want to say the service writer Johnny was a pleasure to work with and thank him for his time and effort.
Thank You, Tom *****
The Reply:
Mr. *****;

Thank you for your communication regarding our Chattanooga location. We are happy to hear that you were pleased with the service you received when obtaining an estimate for bodywork and your comments will be shared with our team members there.

Your comments with respect to our firearms policy are also duly noted and they will be forwarded to our executive management team.

Again, thank you for your time.

Jean Sewell
Manager
Camping World Customer Care

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back