No Guns For Negros

mistergus75

I have recently become interested in the history of gun control. In view of the 2nd Amendment, how did gun control laws become passed in the first place? How was the right to carry a gun taken away? What were people thinking?

I'm becoming aware of a vast amount of history suggesting that it's roots are in racism, specifically in controlling blacks in this country.

Here are two videos that may be a good starting point in exploring this subject. But it's only the tip of the iceberg compared to the info that's available.

Maybe we need to point this out more often.

Excellent film. Just as an experiment, substitute the word "negro" for any other group or person you don't think should be "allowed" to have a gun. We'd all love to be guaranteed absolute safety from "mentally defective" or such... but it's not ever going to happen and trying to isolate various categories of those who "MIGHT" somehow, some day harm us only puts our own necks in a noose when enough people target US as the ones who "MIGHT" harm _them_.

The only person who should not have a gun is someone who needs a 24/7 keeper... a violent person who should be isolated from ALL society. And yet, those are exactly the people who usually have guns in spite of everything. Instead of trying to keep guns away from any particular segment of the population, we must simply be prepared to take care of ourselves and our loved ones.

And in England is was Catholics first.

Excellent Book
The Second Amendment Primer By Les Adams.
One source.
Link Removed
I looked around a little and it seems to be out of print, but some are out there for sale
new or used. Did not find an ebook.

Try this book, it's excellent.
Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black & White by David Barton (Sep 1, 2004)

Try this book, it's excellent.
Setting the Record Straight: American History in Black & White by David Barton (Sep 1, 2004)

David Barton is GREAT!!!

I highly recommend reading his stuff to anyone who want to know the TRUTH about this nations history.

2nd Amendment does not ban anyone from arms, only silly states and anti constitution folks do that.
At the time the second amendment was ratified, the constitution only applied to white men. It did not equally apply to negroes, indians or women. Although the founding of America was based in equalk freedoms for all, it didn't apply unless you were one of "the club."

A great deal of information can be found by looking at the Dred Scott case. As a free black man the question became whether the constitution applied to him or not. The fear was that if he were granted citizenship that he would be able to travel about armed and our ancestors surely didn't want that. It's a real eye opener.

I once read a letter to the editor of the NY Times from somewhere around 1920 where the writer spoke against gun ownership because Italians would carry guns. The author states "we know what they do with knives, imagine what they'll do with a gun." The passing of the Sullivan Act may have been in response to this concern. The first person arrested under the law was mobster Giuseppe Costabile. Whether this was part of the law's intent, it was passed on a wave of anti-immigrant rhetoric as a measure to disarm an alleged criminal element. The police granted the licenses, and could easily discriminate against "undesirable" elements. With the mob-related crime wave that shook NYC through the Gotti era it's apparent that this didn't do anything to disarm the hoods. NYC is still enforcing this law today.

Are you from Michigan??? That is how we ended up with our so called "Safety Inspection" aka Registration, it was a flat out racist attempt to prevent Blacks from being able to by handguns.....

Are you from Michigan??? That is how we ended up with our so called "Safety Inspection" aka Registration, it was a flat out racist attempt to prevent Blacks from being able to by handguns.....
Hey, Sheldon. What safety inspection are you referring to?

Our "green card" we managed to loose it about 2 years ago, but have been stuck with it since I believe the 50's.

Yup, California's drastic gun control was largely passed directly in reaction to the Black Panthers promoting blacks carrying guns.

Glad to see folks are discovering JPFO. I've sent a few bucks in the past, along with membership and purchasing educational materials, to help them produce these videos and I do hope they resonate with many, many good people here.

Yep, every time I look up pistol purchase permits what pops up right next to it are references to the "Jim Crow" laws.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back