NJ Supreme Court Agrees To Head 2A Challenge To The Requirement Of A Justifiable Need

pope414

I received a call this afternoon from noted gun-ownership-rights attorney Evan Nappen. Many of you may know Evan as the author of the New Jersey Gun Law Guide. Evan called to let me know that the NJ Supreme Court has agreed to hear an appeal of his case involving the denial of an application for a New Jersey permit to carry a handgun, submitted by his client Richard Pantano.

The question before the court is "Does the statutory requirement that an applicant for a permit to carry a handgun demonstrate “a justifiable need to carry a handgun,” N.J.S.A. 2C:58-4(d), violate the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution"?

Link Removed

Last edited by a moderator:
Sorry for the incomplete title . While typing the title out on my ipad my hand hit the post tab by mistake.

Could a mod. Please amend the title to this thread please. The edit feature does not allow edits to titles. Thank you

Hopefully this will lead to another chip in the wall of infringement.

Inch by inch, we will get our rights back.

And if NJ can take down this restriction, maybe ... just maybe, PA and NJ can enjoy reciprocity at some point.... am I asking too much???

:crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot::crazy_pilot:

one little step can turn into a huge step, I hope the libertard judges there get this one right

I received a call this afternoon from noted gun-ownership-rights attorney Evan Nappen. Many of you may know Evan as the author of the New Jersey Gun Law Guide. Evan called to let me know that the NJ Supreme Court has agreed to hear an appeal of his case involving the denial of an application for a New Jersey permit to carry a handgun, submitted by his client Richard Pantano.

The question before the court is "Does the statutory requirement that an applicant for a permit to carry a handgun demonstrate “a justifiable need to carry a handgun,” N.J.S.A. 2C:58-4(d), violate the right to bear arms under the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution"?

Link Removed
Where, pray tell, does it say "justifiable need" in the 2A? Libatard Judges in NJ have their heads up their collective a-holes! Probably to much to ask, they jerk their heads out and see the world as it is, not how they imagine it to be.

Everyone here agrees that the 2A is a protection of a "right". If you have to demonstrate a "need" how is that a right and not a privilege?
Seems clear to me. It should be a very short hearing. Very simple. Maybe it wasn't grape juice.:bad: It was purple!

I hope The SCONJ rules correctly. This thread reminded me of a question on the paper(s) filled-out before our CHCL training; do you have need to conceal carry a firearm? Our instructor said to put only the word "yes". No other explanation was needed, or required. Yes, covers a lot of territory in self defense.

We had to show a "need" by answering yes, to this question, although that need was assumed.

The N.J. Supreme Court is just as liberal as the politicians. They haven't paid any attention to the Constitution for many decades. Even though things have gotten worse over the last forty years the 2nd Amendment has been ignored for a century. I would like to wish the NJ gun owners luck. But, don't count on much help from the court.

So true but even if we lose it forces a showdown at the federal level one way or another the justifiable need and the status as a may issue vs a shall issue would have to be resolved

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back