Nightvision scopes

RPMROCKER

I've recently found out that Coyotes have moved in to the area and I've decided to get rid of them. I'm looking to get a night vision scope and was wondering if anyone here has had much experience with them and could point me in the right direction. I'm fairly familiar with the different generations and costs I think I'm leaning toward the gen 2 in the 2,000 dollar plus range. I have several rifles I plan to use for this(ar-15,22 mag, 7mm mag for the long shots,30-30 lever) and would like to be able to switch it around pending on the situation so mounts would be an issue as well. Thoughts anyone? Thanks in advance for your time.

Wow. Here in Wisconsin it is illegal to hunt with night vision. Most people around here just use a very high powered spotlight to light them up and shoot. There are these new green laser flashlights that will light up to a couple hundred yards away and will not spook coyotes. I think they are in the 3-400 range. You can easily move the light from weapon to weapon and use what you have already.

There are these new green laser flashlights that will light up to a couple hundred yards away and will not spook coyotes.

I have actually been lookin into those for night pig/coyote hunting. NVG is just too expensive of an option for me. We were using a HID spotlight, works pretty good for about 150 yards but a bit bulky. Now that I have seen those laser flashlights I have been askin around and have yet to come across anyone that has used one to give me an opinion. I looked at alot of other scope mounted lights and mostly have heard bad things about them. Especially the estimated range they are suppose to work at.

JD

I have actually been lookin into those for night pig/coyote hunting. NVG is just too expensive of an option for me. We were using a HID spotlight, works pretty good for about 150 yards but a bit bulky. Now that I have seen those laser flashlights I have been askin around and have yet to come across anyone that has used one to give me an opinion. I looked at alot of other scope mounted lights and mostly have heard bad things about them. Especially the estimated range they are suppose to work at.

JD

Yes they are pricey. I saw them on some hunting show on The Outdoor Channel or something. From what they showed on the TV show, it looked like they worked really well. I guess if you were looking at it vs a night vision scope, I would imagine it would actually be about half the cost to get the green laser flashlight thing over NV (at least the NV scopes that I have seen).

I found some cheaper knock offs on ebay I may have to look into. If I pick up one of the $50 ones Ill be sure to post a review on here about it. And yes when I get a product I beat the hell out of it before passing a judgment...

JD

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back