night sights

aj's 40 cal

just ordered a set of meprolight night sights for my xd-40 subcom. should be here around the 25th.

anyone have them already~ did i make a good buy for my ccw gun?

just ordered a set of meprolight night sights for my xd-40 subcom. should be here around the 25th.

anyone have them already~ did i make a good buy for my ccw gun?

Depends on if the gun / sight combo still fit your favorite CCW holster! Watch out for front sight snag on the holster.

I'd like to get the new micro under mount laser from LaserMax for my XD but it won't fit my favorite Crossbreed Super Tuck IWB.

Keep us informed as to how it works out for you.

well my sights came in today. look awesome, but i have to wait for my buddy to get back into the country so he can install them for me. my gun shop wanted $50-60 bucks to install and my bud will do it for a case of beer. ( yes legal age of course)

after they are on and i get to the range ill update about how well they do.

btw a nice color green to them and they are nice and bright, only thing is they were made in 08, so thats kinda a bummer but no biggie.

AJ,
Don't sweat the '08 manufacture. I've got a Hi Power that I picked up used about 10 years ago that came with a set of Meprolights that are still glowing green.

ya im not worried about it seein as they are covered for 10 years, it was just i was waiting for 3 weeks for them to be back in stock, so i figured they would be newer rather than older. im still very happy with them. now i want to get night sights for my mossberg and M&P.

think i should stick with metpros or try trijicons for the M&P??

night sights for ccw pistol

A fire fight would occur within a short distance, no more than 7 yards.

Things happen so quickly you will probably shoot from the hip if not a point shoulder position.

It will take too much time to assume a shooting stance where the night sights come into play.

I am sure that the amount of opinions on a topic like this equal the variations in sights that are available.

Hope this helps

Pat Olvey
Email [email protected]
Cincinnati, Ohio
Hamilton County

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon