Night Shooting

Caribou

I am thinking about going on a pig hunt. Any suggestions as to brand or type of night vision would be appreciated. Would I need special flash suppression? At this point I am not entirely aware what all to ask so thanks in advanced for all your help.

It completely depends on your budget. I have done some research, but have no hands on experience.

This was the cheapest I could find....
Link Removed

followed by this one.....
Link Removed

and this one......
Link Removed

I have heard you can also mount a night vision monocular behind a red dot if you turn the brighness all the way down. That way you use the zero of the red dot and don't have to worry about sighting in the night vision.

Night vison is too far down my shopping list to be any more help.... sorry.

One last thought, the cheapes alternative are the green flashlights that allow you to see up to 100 years at night. I'm not sure if animals would see the light or not.

and this one......

When I was hog hunting in Texas we just used Primos Lights.Once your eyes are adjusted to the dark you'll see the hog and when you hit it with the light you usually have enough time to make a decent shot.

Spotlight with a red lens cover is all we ever used. As in the other thread on nightvision I still have yet to decide to get that green laser flashlight...

I was surprised that my last trip out for deer I didnt really see that much in the way of pig destruction. I know my girlfriend got one during thanksgiving and that half of it is in my freezer still.

JD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back