NICS - Voluntary Appeal Form. Anybody sign up?

snatale42

I always get my purchases delayed, usually a couple hours. This last time is REALLY pissing me off. I bought a shotgun this past Saturday a little after lunch time and still haven't been approved. The problem is here in VA we get run through 5 different system when we purchase, 1 of them being NICS. I don't know wheter I'm being help up at State or Federal level, but considering doing the voluntary appeal program to hopefully make things go quicker in the future. Has anybody ever done this, did it actually help?

I did. I was delayed virtually every time. Although I was occasionally approved within an hour, it usually took several days. I jumped through the hoops and waited a month or two for the UPIN to come in from the DOJ, and now I'm approved immediately. The only catch is that you have to make sure that the FFL understands that they need to inform the examiner that they have a customer with a UPIN when they call it in.

Good to hear it works that good, only concern I have is the here in VA they don't call, they used an online system run by the State Police that runs us through 5 systems simultaneously, one of them being NICS. I'm assuming I'll have to really babysit the FFL when I use it.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back