New York laws

There are those of us that are fighting it tooth and nail.
There is no Second Amendment in NY State.

The laws here a challenging, that's certain. But we are doing our best to change them for the better. At least the gun owners are. The best thing that could happen would be for New York city to decide to pull out and leave the rest of us alone. But since the rest of the state is a tax source for the city, that won't happen. The next best thing would be for the voters to turn the fools out at election time. With nearly fifty percent of the voters in the sate coming out of NYC, that's a long shot. So I write letters and call my representatives, go to "town hall" type meetings, and whatever else I can do. A lot of us here are doing the same thing.

There is a great group of lawyers fighting for our rights in NYS.

The NYSafe act is being challenged, and the Sullivan act is being challenged.

Things may not happen over night but I am confident the citizens will get they're rights back.
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

The NYSRPA(New York State Rifle & Pistol Assoc) New York State Rifle & Pistol Association site has updates on the legal fight being waged. We're keeping up the fight.

Additionally, there is a mobile app available to check on the candidates and their 2A positions which will help to see what their positions on gun rights are before casting your ballot.

Finally, there are more gun owners in NY than liberal Democratic voters who vote in every election....we can unseat the anti-gunners....but only if we ALL get out and VOTE!!!

You can conceal carry in nyc? Correct me if i am wrong.
Also was there a time during 1900 after sullivan act where you could not own a gun in nyc?

Also was there a time during 1900 after sullivan act where you could not own a gun in nyc?
Only the well connected like Howard Stern or Donald Trump get a Permit to Carry in NYC.
All others have to register and license all guns. From a flint lock to a Shotgun.
No one in the whole state is allowed to own a handgun unless they have paid the state for a license scheme that costs a bare minimum $300.00 in mileage parking fees license fees finger print fees and more. It really is kinda a fascist. If you have a AR-15 or similar semi-auto you must register it before Jan 15 2014 and when you die it must be surrendered to the state or sold out of state.
Then also starting in January you have to undergo a State run version of a NIC check every single time you purchase ammo. The amount and calibers will be tracked in a data base so it is really a back door registration scheme.
If your Doctor prescribes certain meds the State Police have methods of data mining that info from medical and prescription records the State can revoke you license to own a gun and the State Police Gun Squad will be knocking on your door.
The Clown that pushed all this through at the behest of Bloomberg thinks the rest of the country will love him as President.
He formed a commission to investigate the corrupt Legislature and keep them inline while he took Hurricane Sandy money meant for the damage and made commericals with his name and face on them saying NY is open for business. The ads ran in Blue States so he could get some brand recognition but it is not considered corruption but just good politics in NY
January 11th at Noon all gun owners are being asked to fire of shot at NOON to protest the 1 year anniversary of this Progressive law.
I will be shooting my M1 at some Tannerite. It is called the Shot heard round NY and it is starting in Concord NY.

Don't think you all in the other states are safe from this crap. With the anniversary of Sandy Hook the Progressive Liberal SOB's are once again dancing in the blood and on the bodies of those little children, pushing their agenda.

Progressives , Humph!

Yes, as long as you jump for the permit. Permits to own are easy but carry permits require cause.

While you need "cause", there is wide interpretation of what "cause" is between different counties. I'm in Erie County and you have to just about give up your first-born to get an unrestricted permit, but in other nearby counties, it's a lot easier and "cause" can be just about anything from what I've heard from people I talk to there.

You know why you folks in New York have the current gun laws...because the people you elect know you can't do a damned thing about it...except move out of the state. That is the only tool you have! Get smart and move and commute. Starve New York of their funding...you are their funding. They take your money and then they take your freedom. Are all of you guys chumps?

please don't be so naive as to think you can fight this in the courts. The deck is stacked against you. New York has all the money it needs to fight your lawsuits, it has all of your money. Time to pull your head out of the sand box boys.

Violation of the 2nd amendment, you want mine I will consider it tyranny and use the amendments for what they are designed. Most of the officers I know in Texas and I know a bunch have told me "no way" they are going home to their families. Must have a few smarter officers here than in NY, taking into account the shooting ability of NY officers after the last few times in NY. Come and Take It.

You know why you folks in New York have the current gun laws...because the people you elect know you can't do a damned thing about it...except move out of the state. That is the only tool you have! Get smart and move and commute. Starve New York of their funding...you are their funding. They take your money and then they take your freedom. Are all of you guys chumps?

please don't be so naive as to think you can fight this in the courts. The deck is stacked against you. New York has all the money it needs to fight your lawsuits, it has all of your money. Time to pull your head out of the sand box boys.

Yup...another flippant remark from an uninformed person who has obviously never looked at a map...assuming the whole state is New York City. So, let me ask you... where would we commute from? If you live, work and own a business in the Rochester, NY area, it's about 2 hours to PA...or maybe they should commute across Lake Ontario from Canada? If You're in Buffalo, again PA is about 2 hours and Canada is a short commute over the Niagara River. But lets say, you're in the Adirondack mountains, where would you suggest we commute from?

The only place people can reasonably commute to and from is NYC, but that still doesn't defund NY or NYC for that matter, as NYC has their own income tax. So, even if you live elsewhere, you still have to pay NYC income tax.

Further, let me ask you... how easy or practical for you to simply move? Just pick up, sell your house, move your business (and all your key employees will pick up and move with you too!), leave your family (oh, I forgot, they'll also just pick up and move too), get your business set up in the new state in the blink of an eye... everyone who went with you will also find a job in a blink of an eye...since Obama has "created" so many of them... Oh, I forgot, find and finance a new home without a new job or having your business established in your new locale for less than a year.... Shall I go on?

We outside of NYC have been working to not only overturn the gun laws, but have also been making strides in our elected officials. The County legislature is now controlled by Republicans, which has not happened in over thirty years. The County Sheriff was re-elected in a county 2 to 1 dem to repub, due to his stance on 2A and had more votes than the other two candidates combined. We have great lawyers working on overturning the SAFE ACT and they are making headway on legal and constitutional grounds, not on political grounds.

So, genius, before you make more flippant remarks, do your homework and don't simply talk out of your rear end. By the way, where are you moving now that Terry McAuliff was elected?

Yup...another flippant remark from an uninformed person who has obviously never looked at a map...assuming the whole state is New York City. So, let me ask you... where would we commute from? If you live, work and own a business in the Rochester, NY area, it's about 2 hours to PA...or maybe they should commute across Lake Ontario from Canada? If You're in Buffalo, again PA is about 2 hours and Canada is a short commute over the Niagara River. But lets say, you're in the Adirondack mountains, where would you suggest we commute from?

The only place people can reasonably commute to and from is NYC, but that still doesn't defund NY or NYC for that matter, as NYC has their own income tax. So, even if you live elsewhere, you still have to pay NYC income tax.

Further, let me ask you... how easy or practical for you to simply move? Just pick up, sell your house, move your business (and all your key employees will pick up and move with you too!), leave your family (oh, I forgot, they'll also just pick up and move too), get your business set up in the new state in the blink of an eye... everyone who went with you will also find a job in a blink of an eye...since Obama has "created" so many of them... Oh, I forgot, find and finance a new home without a new job or having your business established in your new locale for less than a year.... Shall I go on?

We outside of NYC have been working to not only overturn the gun laws, but have also been making strides in our elected officials. The County legislature is now controlled by Republicans, which has not happened in over thirty years. The County Sheriff was re-elected in a county 2 to 1 dem to repub, due to his stance on 2A and had more votes than the other two candidates combined. We have great lawyers working on overturning the SAFE ACT and they are making headway on legal and constitutional grounds, not on political grounds.

So, genius, before you make more flippant remarks, do your homework and don't simply talk out of your rear end. By the way, where are you moving now that Terry McAuliff was elected?

I got a better idea...why don't you just stay in your sand box. People commute 2 hours either way all the time. Just because you do not have the will to do what is necessary to maintain your liberty and freedom does not make what I say wrong!

Macawful you say...did you pay attention to any other results of the Virginia election or did you stick your head back in the sand box after you saw the results of the gubernatorial race! That figures, you are just another low information voter and that is why you guys need to wait a year to purchase and own a PT22. That is why your liberty is non existant, that is why you need a permission slip from big daddy mario and his brothers to buy a gun in the first place. Here in Virginia we take about 2 minutes to buy any pistol we want and then immediately walk out the door with it. Crap, I could call someone right now and go buy his pistol any time between now and forever and believe me fella...we will keep it that way.

In the mean time you folks in new yuk just go ahead and suck on marios titty so you can get your nourishment. Come on down to Virginia and see what freedom looks like at any gun show. You can find one on any weekend. Go ahead and buy some bullets for that 9 you hope big daddy mario will let you own.

Yeah...freakin move out or stop whining...you sound like little girls!

Just another thought for ya fella. Todays gun show had a vendor selling 5.56 Bushmasters equipped with a red dot sight along with 4 30 round magazines for $599.00. It was a Christmas sale. What is a 30 round magazine you ask...it is a magazine that holds 23 more rounds in it than what you can have in new yuk.

I got a better idea...why don't you just stay in your sand box. People commute 2 hours either way all the time. Just because you do not have the will to do what is necessary to maintain your liberty and freedom does not make what I say wrong!

Macawful you say...did you pay attention to any other results of the Virginia election or did you stick your head back in the sand box after you saw the results of the gubernatorial race! That figures, you are just another low information voter and that is why you guys need to wait a year to purchase and own a PT22. That is why your liberty is non existant, that is why you need a permission slip from big daddy mario and his brothers to buy a gun in the first place. Here in Virginia we take about 2 minutes to buy any pistol we want and then immediately walk out the door with it. Crap, I could call someone right now and go buy his pistol any time between now and forever and believe me fella...we will keep it that way.

In the mean time you folks in new yuk just go ahead and suck on marios titty so you can get your nourishment. Come on down to Virginia and see what freedom looks like at any gun show. You can find one on any weekend. Go ahead and buy some bullets for that 9 you hope big daddy mario will let you own.

There you go again....talking about things you know nothing about. Other than NY City, there's no need to commute 2 hours anywhere in the state. I can be in my home in the woods in less than 30 minutes from downtown Buffalo and the same can be said of Rochester, Syracuse and Albany.
As for being uneducated or "low information", again,...you know nothing of what you speak or about me. We, the educated, well informed voters ARE fighting to take the state and our rights and liberties back. It's true, however, that the state was taken over by the libs and their low info voters who have their hands out, but I am not one of them.

So, instead of making broad assumptions and throwing insults at someone who calls you on your erroneous generalizations, maybe you could have a civil discourse... and by the way, my head is never in the sand.

Finally, am I supposed to be jealous of you because of your ability to buy a rifle with a 30 rd mag? Did you buy it? Or were you window shopping.
I personnaly have enough firearms for my needs at present, but who knows, I might pick one up in my upcoming travels....all perfectly legal.
Next you're going to want to pull out a ruler and measure d**k's in your ongoing pissin' match.

There you go again....talking about things you know nothing about. Other than NY City, there's no need to commute 2 hours anywhere in the state. I can be in my home in the woods in less than 30 minutes from downtown Buffalo and the same can be said of Rochester, Syracuse and Albany.
As for being uneducated or "low information", again,...you know nothing of what you speak or about me. We, the educated, well informed voters ARE fighting to take the state and our rights and liberties back. It's true, however, that the state was taken over by the libs and their low info voters who have their hands out, but I am not one of them.

So, instead of making broad assumptions and throwing insults at someone who calls you on your erroneous generalizations, maybe you could have a civil discourse... and by the way, my head is never in the sand.

Finally, am I supposed to be jealous of you because of your ability to buy a rifle with a 30 rd mag? Did you buy it? Or were you window shopping.
I personnaly have enough firearms for my needs at present, but who knows, I might pick one up in my upcoming travels....all perfectly legal.
Next you're going to want to pull out a ruler and measure d**k's in your ongoing pissin' match.

I presume you are not carefully following the thread. 2 hour commute from across the border. Don't measure your ****...get someone to suck it. Don't need another bushmaster...how many AR's does one person need. I can't carry more than 2 at a time so 3rd one I already have is enough.

I am not generalizing anything butthead...tell me how many rounds in a magazine can you bring to a gunfight when the bad guys break into your house...uhhhhhh...is the answer 7. Get the point yet pinhead or do you just need to go get your permission slip from uncle mario to have a few extra. How's that trial going for the poor dude that thought he could get away with carrying 8 rounds...huh?

You better face reality, you ain't getting your 2A rights back unless you find em' at the bottom of a cracker jacks box. Just who the hell out of the millions that live in new yuk really care about what you and a few other plinkers want. Chucky Schummer...Hillary...Bloomberg....Mario or his brother. Get used to it. If the country needed an enema they would stick the tube in new york...IMHO of course. Oh yeah I know who gives a crap about what you folks want...see below.

Link Removed

She must care...she is your neighbor.

Just another thought for ya fella. Todays gun show had a vendor selling 5.56 Bushmasters equipped with a red dot sight along with 4 30 round magazines for $599.00. It was a Christmas sale. What is a 30 round magazine you ask...it is a magazine that holds 23 more rounds in it than what you can have in new yuk.
Don't care. Don't want it.

They say one can measure a man's worth by his decisions. The ability to own a 30 round mag isn't so important as to make a successful person sell everything and move to another state. Would you give up your business, family, a six figure salary, the best colleges in the country and all your friends to own a 30 round mag? The answer is a measure of worth.

I presume you are not carefully following the thread. 2 hour commute from across the border. Don't measure your ****...get someone to suck it. Don't need another bushmaster...how many AR's does one person need. I can't carry more than 2 at a time so 3rd one I already have is enough.

I am not generalizing anything butthead...tell me how many rounds in a magazine can you bring to a gunfight when the bad guys break into your house...uhhhhhh...is the answer 7. Get the point yet pinhead or do you just need to go get your permission slip from uncle mario to have a few extra. How's that trial going for the poor dude that thought he could get away with carrying 8 rounds...huh?

You better face reality, you ain't getting your 2A rights back unless you find em' at the bottom of a cracker jacks box. Just who the hell out of the millions that live in new yuk really care about what you and a few other plinkers want. Chucky Schummer...Hillary...Bloomberg....Mario or his brother. Get used to it. If the country needed an enema they would stick the tube in new york...IMHO of course. Oh yeah I know who gives a crap about what you folks want...see below.

Link Removed

She must care...she is your neighbor.
You're a foul-mouthed person. Ever read the rules? I think you need to be reviewed by the administrator. And if you're from VA get off the NY forum. You're only here to stir-up trouble.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back