New York Gun Law Question

www315

So I haven't really seen this issue presented or discussed much, but my thinking as New Yorkers we are pretty much banned from buying new handguns. Unless someone is going to by something such as a G36, XDs, LCP etc., we aren't buying anything. Am I wrong? I'm only asking because I would have thought this conclusion would have been talked about more. I am not aware of any manufacturer that makes full size or even compact handguns with 7 round mags, only sub compact. Please let me know if anyone else has thought of this?

(P.S. Does it bug the **** out of anyone else that pretty much all media refers to a magazine as a clip? Maybe just my pet peeve)

http://www.nysafeact.com

Comrade Cuomo's website about the law. According to this, 7 round magazine restrictions don't take effect until April 15th, and 10 rounders can still be sold. The stores here in Watertown took all the semis w/ removable mags off the sales floor on Wednesday. Ill be going back shopping for a .22.

I'd highly recommend the Bersa Thunder 380. It holds seven rounds, is very accurate, and has quite a following. It's also decently inexpensive.

Relevant Bersachat Forum: Link Removed

I have the Thunder 380 Plus (holds fifteen rounds)

Today, Saturday January 19, 2013 in NY state. At several gun stores, perhaps not all of them, I am not sure. ( We only visited a few, looking for reloading components) - We were told by the proprietors, " You can buy the pistol, but I can't sell you the magazine!" -- Like most New Yorker's - I ain't really made heads nor tails of the law YET! State Police info number will be working Tuesday Jan. 22
Phone 1-855-529-4867 with questions as to legal firearms under the new state of insanity.

Gander mountain in Watertown is the only store still selling 10 round mags. I didn't see any mags on their own, but they are still selling the pistols with the mags.

Herbs sent every semi with 8+ rounds back last week, they said like over 50 or 60 guns. So even though a ten round mag in a semi .22 is perfectly legal to sell, I can't find one anywhere. They had probably 15+ Savage 64s, sent them all back before the law was clarified.

(P.S. Does it bug the **** out of anyone else that pretty much all media refers to a magazine as a clip? Maybe just my pet peeve)

It bugs me, but I think it's at a point where we should just give up and accept clip. I've recently been hearing "magazine clip" on the news. The other day I saw a sign hanging on a marlin in the store that said "free clip included!". That was a sign printed by the gun manufacturer calling it a clip.

Remember the Midway Ban? They listened to the lawyers Ban now lifted.

Dear Valued Customer,
I'm sure you're well aware that on January 15, 2013, New York passed and the Governor signed into law the Secure Ammunition and Firearms Enforcement Act. Now, I'm no politician, but it looks like all this law does is keep law abiding New Yorkers from purchasing or owning certain products, many of which we sell. While, I've always been against bad people doing bad things, I've also always been against honest folks being deprived of their 2nd Amendment rights. It pains me that New Yorkers are going to suffer for the acts of the wicked who don't obey laws.
When this law went into effect last week, MidwayUSA rushed to comply and keep our Customers and our company from doing anything illegal. Since this 39-page law was written and approved by people who don't know what a gun is or the difference between bullets and ammunition, we had to spend a lot of time sorting through the legalese to fully understand the details. To say the least, the law was confusing, so we erred on the side of caution. It looks like we jumped the gun a little and we are truly sorry for that.
Now that we've had time to read through the law several times and have received some answers from the NY State Police, we can fix our mistakes. Effective immediately, we've lifted our newly imposed New York restrictions on ammunition, reloading components and magazines with a capacity of 8 to 10-rounds. Now, unfortunately, we'll have to reinstate these when each portion of the law goes into effect (April 15, 2013 for magazines and January 15, 2014 for ammo). And, we'll have to reinstate these restrictions about 2-weeks prior to the effective dates to make sure Customers have these products prior to those dates (clarified by an attorney for the NY State Police).
One last thing, if you had a backorder for these products and we cancelled it, we're in the process of contacting you to see if you want this backorder recreated.
Again, we're sorry for any inconvenience we've caused you. Please understand, everything we do is intended to be in the best interest of our Customers.
Thanks for Your Business!

Larry Potterfield,
Founder and CEO of MidwayUSA

5875 West Van Horn Tavern Rd.
Columbia, MO 65203 ©2013 MidwayUSA, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.

Here is some info. on what they wanted but these were removed from the law which is why most voted for it. We are so screwed...
-------------
From Assemblyman Steve McLaughlin

Here it is. This is... | Facebook

Proof..Democrats want to register and then CONFISCATE our guns. See Descripition below. - YouTube

Here it is. This is the video where I was asked to keep the Democrat
proposals for the NY SAFE Act away from the public. This list was
given to me by a colleague and it is not confidential.

This bill was an attack on the 2nd amendment and the Democrats
clearly wanted to dismantle the work of the Founding Fathers. None of
these amendments were included in the final bill thanks to us
fighting back. I will not stand silent while these unpatriotic
proposals are pathetically thrown at us a 11 o'clock at night:

1. Confiscation of "assault weapons"
2. Confiscation o ten round clips
3. Statewide database for ALL Guns
4. Continue to allow pistol permit holder's information to be
replaced to the public
5. Label semiautomatic shotguns with more than 5 rounds or pistol
grips as "assault weapons"