New York carry permit

abdo18_m

I need help!!! I am a manager at a liquor store which my in-laws own, and I deal with money deposit, work late some nights and just never know who would come in a "hold us up." The kicker is I live in PA and I am wondering if there is anyway to get me a NYS permit. I am hoping that someone on here really knows the NYS laws regarding Catt. CO . A friend said some laws changed in 2014
Thank you for help,
Mike

You have to be a NY resident to get a NY permit unless you are "Principally Employed" in NY.

No reciprocity agreements with permit holders from another state.

But....If your in laws got a permit, bought a handgun, and kept it in the store, what would keep you from using it if your life was in peril?

get an apartment in New York: Link Removed

ALBANY, N.Y. — People who live only part time in New York can get handgun licenses here, the state's highest court ruled Tuesday.

The Court of Appeals concluded that New York pistol permits, which are issued by cities or counties, are not limited to people whose primary residence is in New York, reversing a 1993 decision by a midlevel state court.

Alfred Osterweil's license application was denied in 2009 by a Schoharie County judge because Osterweil only had a part-time vacation residence there. His primary home is in Louisiana.

It is my understanding that you can get a Non-Resident Permit if you own a business in NY. Perhaps you can purchase a minority ownership in the in-law's business, thus giving you standing in NY.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back