New Sights

RPB

Rarely am I impressed enough to write letters, but I'll post my review/letter about my new sights here to share.

I have no affiliation with any company, other than I buy stuff from lots of companies.

My new sights.

To: WrenTech Industries, LLC - Advantage Tactical Sight

I have my concealed carry license. I've been owning, collecting and
shooting pistols for over 40 years. My eyes have Myopia, Presbyopia and have Astigmatism.

I was born with only 1 hand, ending at the wrist, and previously had trouble safely racking the slide to chamber a round. I realize you made these sights for tactical purposes as in when one hand is
"busy" holding a doorknob/flashlight/injured or putting pressure on a wound so as not to bleed out; so that one could still rack the slide on a corner or a holster or belt or shoe sole to clear a jam or replace magazines etc., but I wanted to thank you on behalf of all the visually impaired one-handed people for making this set of sights we can use.

I bought them for my Glock 19, Glock 26, Glock 27 and installed them myself and used the spacers and laser sighted them in and couldn't be happier with the results. Sight acquisition is phenomenally fast in all lighting conditions except total darkness. So far, the yellow front and light orange rear is my favorite "all lighting conditions" setup.

As an added bonus, I noticed the tapered sides on the rear sight is more comfortable than any other sights as others have sharp corners that dig into my skin or holster while wearing my gun concealed. Thank you again.

Ron in Texas

Here's the sights I got Link Removed
I have no affiliation with any company other than I buy stuff from lots of companies.

Good for you, Ron, and kudos for not letting your difficulties get in your way. Great report, too. There was another sight company making a similar design (SureSight) that I'm surprised hasn't made more of an impact on the market...yet. That one's probably the way I'd go if/when I change any pistol sights.

Good for you, Ron, and kudos for not letting your difficulties get in your way. Great report, too. There was another sight company making a similar design (SureSight) that I'm surprised hasn't made more of an impact on the market...yet. That one's probably the way I'd go if/when I change any pistol sights.

I did however consider the Suresight, but researched them and ran into this at a Glock site
"1) The maker of SureSights seems to have gone out of business, so I'd eliminate them from consideration. "
As well as a review from someone who bought them and had trouble with suresights' yellow paint coming/chipping/flaking off and someone finding a pretty close color match from a hobby shop and ....

Another drawback on the Suresights may have been the front sight. It was an odd shape and really big so it may have had holstering/compatibility problems. Look really really closely at the Suresight front sight's DIAMOND shape and size. Mounted on a point, it doesn't look as stable, and looks like it could get caught by one side point, or knocked out of alignment.
Link Removed

Looks like Suresights website was last updated in 2006.
I think if you wanted Suresights, you needed to order them in 2006 or 2007.

When you try to order anything at all from Suresight now in 2010, you get ...

We regret to inform you the product you have selected, XXXXXXXXXXXX, is currently out of stock.

or

Server Error in '/' Application.
The resource cannot be found.
Description: HTTP 404. The resource you are looking for (or one of its dependencies) could have been removed, had its name changed, or is temporarily unavailable. Please review the following URL and make sure that it is spelled correctly.

All their support pages are gone.:fie::angry:
----
These Advantage Tactical Sights seem to be better anyway with no paint to chip/flake off and multiple color choices/variations.... and still in business:biggrin:

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back