New Police Scanner

2beararms

For those of you who are into such things (I am a ham operator so I like anything radio) I just picked up a new scanner on New Years Eve and wanted to report on it as you may be interested.

The scanner is the Radio Shack Pro-107 (iscan). What makes it different and cool is it comes with an SD card in it that has the entire radio reference database of systems in it. All you need to do is start with the State you want, then the City or County if desired, then narrow down to the system, and finally to the "talkgroups". Then it saves your selections into 20 different playlists and you can have multiple removable SD cards if you want to keep pre-progammed lists for diffrerent areas etc.

Having had many scanners of the years I found this pretty simple to operate and works well here. Of course its big drawback is it is not digital so if your area has already gone digital then this one won't do ... there is talk of a digital version coming in the future.

Just FYI as I find a lot of enjoyment in being nosey!

For those of you who are into such things (I am a ham operator so I like anything radio) I just picked up a new scanner on New Years Eve and wanted to report on it as you may be interested.

The scanner is the Radio Shack Pro-107 (iscan). What makes it different and cool is it comes with an SD card in it that has the entire radio reference database of systems in it. All you need to do is start with the State you want, then the City or County if desired, then narrow down to the system, and finally to the "talkgroups". Then it saves your selections into 20 different playlists and you can have multiple removable SD cards if you want to keep pre-progammed lists for diffrerent areas etc.

Having had many scanners of the years I found this pretty simple to operate and works well here. Of course its big drawback is it is not digital so if your area has already gone digital then this one won't do ... there is talk of a digital version coming in the future.

Just FYI as I find a lot of enjoyment in being nosey!

At one time, i had several scanners...1 ea home, car and work. But then my area went digital...and those scanners just cost WAY too much...

But have since found Link Removed

and add trunking AKA SS to the digital, and they manage to hide there transmissions real well.... bottom line is if there is $$$ to be made it will be hacked....

I actually want to update mine. I have an analog dual trunking scanner but a lot of my state is digital now. the SD card feature sounds pretty nice. would love that in a digital version.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defcon
Back