new p22

scfd5

I just bought a walther p22 last night and took it to the range today. I love this guns feel and how sheap it is to shoot, however on almost every mag it would not chamber the second round. Everyother shoot was fine just not the second one. Even when rapid fire it would not fail except on that second one with a failure to load. Any suggestions? Oh i did put a couple hundred round though it today so far.

Mine jams every once in a while with cheap .22 ammo but not that frequently. Try a new magazine. Also make sure the gun is oiled good, those things like a good amount of it. Also try better ammo like CCI.

Thanks, i was shooting federal bulk ammo. I was hoping to stay away from expensive ammo but i will try the mag after i buy a few more. It sucks they only come with one.

Yes, the Federal bulk ammo does not work well with the P22 until it has been well broken in. I have no issues with Remington high velocity ammo which is cheap.

Oh ya, and P22s want ammo with a nice round nose on it. I remember the guy at the store telling me about that when I bought it but I didn't remember to post it earlier.

Great gun! My son and I have matching target models, xmass present from my wife. Yes stay away from bulk boxed ammo, Winchester bulk isn't bad, every so often the last round in the mag doesn't feed right, cci seems to be flawless! Also running the gun a little wet is best.

While at a sporting goods store this afternoon I saw my first P22 and was so impressed I bought it straight away. Also bought the CCI Hollow Points but won't be able to try it out until tomorrow. It is an impressive little gun and I hope it lives up to my expectations so I can plink with it to my heart's content. I don't know how it will feed but, in Vietnam, I learned not to fill my M16 magizines completely full. By leaving two rounds out there was no problem with feeding. This might work with the P22. I'll find out tomorrow.

My Walther P22 works just fine with Federal American Eagle bulk .22, but the instruction manual that came with mine said "Don't consider the gun broken in until at least 500 rounds."
The Winchester white box bulk ammo is iffy for me, maybe 80% reliable. Almost no "standard velocity" round is 100% reliable.

As I mentioned in another post, with some ammo, grip can play a pretty heavy role in reliability for the P22. The hotter the round, the more reliable it is. The CCI MiniMag has been the most reliable, but for my Walther P22 it's not the only thing that works for me. Federal bulk ammo works like a charm as long as I make sure I don't limp-wrist the shot.

As far as the "second round" issue goes, I haven't had any problem like that with the three magazines I have for the Walther. I have had "too full" magazine syndrome on my GSG-5 where the second round fails to feed if I put 23 rounds into a 22 round magazine. There is a chance the magazine is to blame. Try loading 8 rounds and see if it behaves. Then increase to see if it hits a problem.

I just got my p22 a couple weeks ago. Finally got it to the range 2 days ago. Fresh out the case, 100 plus rounds federal bulk, only 4 failed to feed. Then it got dirty. Got worse from there.

I just got my p22 a couple weeks ago. Finally got it to the range 2 days ago. Fresh out the case, 100 plus rounds federal bulk, only 4 failed to feed. Then it got dirty. Got worse from there.

.22 LR round is a dirty little bugger. When I'm gonna run more than 250 rounds through one of my guns, I take a bore snake with me and a nylon brush and do a quick clean. Love my P22 as well.... :)

I have a bunch of 22's, including the P22. I have had exellent results with CCI BLAZER. If there is a DUNHAM"S near you, they have them 2/$30 for the 525 round box.

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back