New member - I carry a revolver

LAEhret

Good morning All -

I am new at this forum stuff - so am testing the waters with this post.
I carry one of two (depending on circumstances) revolvers.
I have a 1978 Colt DS NP .32 and another Colt DS in .38 (both snubbies).
I Love em!
I am tall and slender and I don't carry a purse - so I invested in holsters
from Kramer because they make them specifically for women
(so the grip doesn't dig into a lady's ribcage).
If you have a need for a great holster, I would recommend a Kramer!

Well - first post done -
how did I do?
:)

It seems today a lot of people go the route of the higher capacity semi-automatic pistol(me to). There is still a lot to be said for a revolver though. Some of the compact semi's only hold 6 rounds anyhow. At least with the revolver you don't have to worry about ejected brass flying all over.
Welcome to the forum.

Yes, good job. I'm sure your revolvers are good, but if you ever feel like transitioning over to a semi-auto pistol, I would recommend a Glock.

Welcome to the forum! Great first post!

My wife also has a wheel-gun, but she doesn't carry.

I'm a Springfield Armory semi-auto kind of guy (XD-S .45, XDm 9mm 4.5 in.), but do enjoy shooting my wife's Taurus 85 ultra-lite snubbie when we are at the range.

There's just something likeable about wheel-guns! :biggrin:

Welcome! I too carry a revolver (Taurus Ultralite 2" .38Spl) and trust it completely. When not carrying a revolver I usually carry my TCP .380acp. I have considered getting a .32 for my wife but just haven't committed yet. I figure with the .32, she could use either .32 S&W on up to .327 Federal Mag. depending on what she felt comfortable with.

Fair warning: We are an opinionated bunch here! :biggrin:

Gunnerbob is correct-lots of opinionated folks on here, but that's okay as long as it stays civil. My personal preference is a double-stack semi and a spare mag in a belt pouch.....but that's my preference and has no relevance to yours. Before someone belittles revolvers, what's been said before my post is correct, they are dependable. I teach more women than men and they often ask for my advice, which I try to temper with a dose of reality. If you can't rack the slide of a semi, it's useless. I have had a couple of older students who couldn't pull the trigger or the hammer on a revolver with one thumb or finger. One particular student got a Ruger SR22 for Christmas and hits consistent 9's and 10's with it. No, a .22 is not my recommendation for defensive use, but it was all she could manage and I think beats Mace. I have assisted in an autopsy where a 275 pound man was killed with one shot from a .22. Sure, it was a lucky shot through the aorta, but it worked and saved the wife form another beating. Keep up the posting, train often and expand your firearm horizons!

Like a few have said, a revolver is more reliable. I would just keep a speed loader for your revolver kinda like having an extra mag. There is nothing wrong with a revolver at all, I always say carry to what suits you. Even if it's a .22 it's better than not having one and 6 hits in the chest from a 22, I don't care who you are you're going nowhere fast.

Welcome to the forum! I have my wife shooting a. 38 ruger blackhawk. When I reload, I can rely on that revolver to shoot anything I put in it. I have had some semi-autos that Couldnt do that.
Back to your statement, comfort is the name of the game.

Yep! Moto X using Tapatalk!

Welcome! Nothing wrong with revolvers! A firearm that is actually carried, regularly, beats whatever is in the safe when need arises, every time!

Welcome to the forum. My wife has carried the Taurus M85 ULTRA-LITE 2" .38 SPL. revolver for many years and my primary carry is a Ruger SAA Vaquero 4" .44 Magnum. Both have always been 100% reliable straight shooters. +1 for wheel guns.

I hope that if you're using a .44 Magnum pistol, that you load it with .44 Specials for self defense. If you shot someone with a .44 Magnum round, you're going to have some serious self defense problems in court. Talk to a Lawyer if you don't believe me. One that knows about firearm self defense laws.

I hope that if you're using a .44 Magnum pistol, that you load it with .44 Specials for self defense. If you shot someone with a .44 Magnum round, you're going to have some serious self defense problems in court. Talk to a Lawyer if you don't believe me. One that knows about firearm self defense laws.

She said they were .32 and .38

Howdy, one of my daughters-in-law carries a revolver, my wife has a revolver in her desk, and I spent MANY years in the 70's and 80's with a revolver as my companion.

Everyone has an opinion, either revolver or semi-auto, but it all comes down to what you shoot best and what you feel comfortable with carrying. Personally I prefer revolvers, they just feel better to me for whatever reason, and since I live in NY, where our benevolent dictators have decided you can only have 7 rounds in a magazine, I don't lose much as far as capacity. I carry a Charter Arms Bulldog .44 Special most of the time, although I do occasionally pull out the S&W .44 Magnum (with frangible rounds).

New Threads

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back