New member from Casper, Wyoming

RightArmOfWyoming

Libertarian Republican
Howdy y'all,

I'm Michael.

My wife and I love guns and freedom so much that we sold our house in California and moved to Wyoming last year to get away from overt nannyism.

I do a lot of things, try to keep busy. I love to hang out with my wife, she's my best friend in the world. And we love to shoot.

I write books and make documentary films for a living.
For fun and activism, I blog a lot, podcast, and I'm the Wyoming contact for the Republican Liberty Caucus.

I'm active on OpenCarry.org, thought I'd also check out this place too.

I'm a CCW holder, usually conceal carry, occasionally open carry (open carried all the time first six months in Wyoming until I could apply for a CCW). I carry a Ruger GP100 .357 revolver. My wife carries a Glock 23.

I'm a peace-lovin' guy who digs cats, calm summer nights and long walks in the woods, yet wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to use lethal force to protect myself or my family.

We've also got a few .308 rifles, may start hunting next year. Mmmmmmm.....antelope! Yum!

Michael W. Dean

hello and welcome from michigan. glad to have you.. and congrats to you and everyone in your state for the recent law passed to show the federal government that the states mean business with their gun owner's rights!

I spent two winters in Casper during my residency.

Great shooting range.

I think the town had too much "Small Town Psychosis" for my tastes.

It is a GREAT place to hunt and fish however.

-Doc

What's "Small Town Psychosis"? Do you mean you prefer bigger places, or smaller places? Or does it mean something else?

It seems like the least psychotic place I've ever lived, but then again, I've lived in Los Angeles, San Francisco, Washington DC and New Orleans!

MWD

What I refer to is that those who are NOT long time established residents, are always treated as "Outsiders."

Another big thing in Casper is the heavy LDS influence. If you don't belong, you are almost like an infidel in saudi!

There was an intern at the family med center who dated his patients, didn't show for call, got caught DUI and assaulting the Casper PD who stopped him. Being Mormon there paid dividends. All the faculty (and town big shot) mormons closed ranks around him. When the heat got too bad, they found him a place in a program in Las Vegas. Last I heard was he got killed in an altercation with the cops in Nevada.

A large portion of the big-shot docs at Wyoming Med Center appear to be crooked. They have the town medical care rigged in their favor. The only thing they fear is the trial lawyers. The Wyoming med center admits drunks for "Medical treatment" so that they can bilk the feds for funds. Those guys just needed to spend the night in the Casper PD drunk tank rather than consume thousands of dollars of inpatient care.

In the big picture, the psychotic places you mentioned are certainly worse. I have lived in all except DC.

Maybe the place will one day change. They were opening a second Wal-Mart on Cy when we left. The right amount of growth can be a good thing.

Howdy y'all,

I'm Michael.

My wife and I love guns and freedom so much that we sold our house in California and moved to Wyoming last year to get away from overt nannyism.

I do a lot of things, try to keep busy. I love to hang out with my wife, she's my best friend in the world. And we love to shoot.

I write books and make documentary films for a living.
For fun and activism, I blog a lot, podcast, and I'm the Wyoming contact for the Republican Liberty Caucus.

I'm active on OpenCarry.org, thought I'd also check out this place too.

I'm a CCW holder, usually conceal carry, occasionally open carry (open carried all the time first six months in Wyoming until I could apply for a CCW). I carry a Ruger GP100 .357 revolver. My wife carries a Glock 23.

I'm a peace-lovin' guy who digs cats, calm summer nights and long walks in the woods, yet wouldn't hesitate for a nanosecond to use lethal force to protect myself or my family.

We've also got a few .308 rifles, may start hunting next year. Mmmmmmm.....antelope! Yum!

Michael W. Dean

First Welcome to the site from Tampa Bay, Floriduh..

Wow, what an introduction.. Almost had to laugh when you started the "I'm a peace-...: paragraph.. Almost sounded like a dating site bio :laugh:
The last paragraph sounds like you need to join PETA.. "People Eating Tasty Animals"!!!

What I refer to is that those who are NOT long time established residents, are always treated as "Outsiders."

I dunno, I've been here eight months and feel very much at home. Maybe openly carrying a big revolver helps. lol....

I love it here. I plan to die of old age here.

MWD

lol. Thanks!

my user name, also my band name, is taken from the phrase "Right Arm of the Free World", a common name for the battle rifle I have, the FAL.

Link Removed

lol. Thanks!

my user name, also my band name, is taken from the phrase "Right Arm of the Free World", a common name for the battle rifle I have, the FAL.

Very cool. I should have bought an Armalite AR-10 or FAL instead of my AR-15.

Are you a bassist too? I see the bass in your icon. Here's a pic of my guitars. Hope it shows up.

Link Removed

Gorgeous collection!~

Yeah, I play bass. I play everything on my CD. I say "my band" because it takes less words than to explain "my solo project in which I play everything."

Well, my wife sings a little backup and does the spoken parts between songs, and my buddy played guitar on two of the ten songs.

MWD

I used to be in bands, but it's a young man's game. Doesn't appeal to me anymore at 45.

I was in a band called Bomb from 1986-1993, toured the US and Canada and Europe, put out four records, one on Warner Brothers, then broke up.

Link Removed

I sang lead and played bass in that band. But it is ancient history to me now. Sill like making songs though.

MWD

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sigsag1
Back